Next Big Thing AG (NBT) is a company builder focused on the machine economy. Backed by €19m of investment, we are building a series of fast growth ventures that will transform the way the world works for decades to come. Our multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, startup entrepreneurs and industry specialists support founders with deep expertise and clear vision to build their next big thing.
The Entrepreneur in Residence Programme
Our 3 month Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) Programme is a chance for talented individuals to develop a specific business case with the support of our expert Venture Development team. At the end of the Programme, we are offering to found and invest in your business and co-develop it with NBT.
For every EiR, we offer:
- No Financial Risk – 3 Months of Industry level Salary to develop a business case based on their expertise, incubated in our offices in central Berlin, with a small pre-founding budget to develop your case
- Support on Developing the Case – support from our 50 person Venture, Product and Market Development teams, led by a dedicated Venture Developer, who will help you make the best use of the time; as well as a small budget to test hypotheses.
- Founding your Company after the Programme – up to €1m in funding and co-founding services covering Pre-Seed and Seed Funding Rounds to ensure that you can develop the case to its full potential.
- Real Shares – A share in the StammKapital (founding capital) of our venture – not virtualized shares, to ensure your voice is heard throughout the journey
We are looking for startups and solutions in the following focus area:
Accelerating the Sensor Revolution
Sensors are transforming the way we do business. They provide accurate, real-time information for a complete view of an organization’s operating environment. Real-time analytics identify trends and deliver insights to drive improvements and reduce disruptions. As a result, businesses leverage sensor data to become more agile and informed.
We are looking for experienced and driven Co-founders who will bring:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – the ability to make decisions under pressure, take measured risks and persist with challenges
- Industry knowledge – deep insights and experience in the blockchain industry
- Technology awareness – an interest in digital transformation and its applications in industrial operations
- Language – the ability to write and communicate in English. German skills are a big plus.
- Stakeholder Engagement – confident engaging with a variety of stakeholders across industry, finance, or individual users
We are seeking talents to explore the opportunity space with us within the scope of:
- B2B businesses – NBT’s expertise lies dominantly in B2B sales.
- Go-to-Market strategy of less than a year – We believe in building great products by iteration from facing the market responses.
- IoT/ML/DLT technology – We focus on IoT, Machine learning, and Distributed ledger tech to create value for the Machine Economy.
What to expect working with us:
- The opportunity to de-risk your startup journey, from the beginning and profit from your investment on the way
- Autonomy and the freedom to define and drive the strategic direction of the venture
- A supportive, entrepreneurial environment, with a culture of supporting founders in the good and hard times
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- New and well equipped office directly at Zoologischer Garten in Berlin
We value diversity and therefore expressly welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We look forward to receiving your application.