My client is a Swiss foundation, supervised by the Swiss Federal Foundation Supervisory Authority. Our purpose is the promotion of the Blochchain protocols through grants and other capital deployment vehicles. The Information Technology team supports the general IT needs of the business but also maintains parts of the technology stack behind the Blockchain.
The headquarters are based in Zug, Switzerland and there are subsidiaries across the globe.
The Foundation issues grants to technical organisations and individuals who want to develop capability on the Blockchain. The grants are awarded based on a technical review undertaken by the technology team. Once a grant is awarded, key performance indicators are determined, and the project’s progress is measured.
The primary purpose of the Technical Officer role is to review, recommend and monitor technical projects in the grants framework. The Technical Officer will need to audit the products for security compliance and best practice. Additionally, the Technical Officer will be involved in technology projects supporting the Blockchain.
- Manage the technical grant applications process, reviewing, providing feedback and seeking technical expertise within the organisations to assist with making decisions on awarding grants
- Monitor the awarded projects and report on the KPIs
- Liaison with the project teams to ensure that the projects are delivered to specification
- Perform security audits of software, products to ensure compliance to industry standards
- Assist the Head of IT with bespoke technology projects supporting the Tezos Blockchain
- A great working attitude and the ability to work in the team, but also individually.
- Capable to adapt and willingness to learn and understand new technologies based on an already profound understanding of technical concepts and experience.
- Ability to read, absorb and understand a technical grant application, digest the key points and relate it to the business environment and best practice
- Technical writing to both development audiences but also business decision making audiences
- Proficient understanding of blockchain including cryptographic keys, smart contracts, formal verification and proof-of-stake), ideally with an understanding of the Blockchain environment.
- General blockchain mechanics such as validation, decentralization, endorsements, economics, data management, consensus
- Proficiency in at least one the following programming languages: Python (SmartPy), ReasonML, Michelson or OCaml
- A good understanding of IT infrastructure, networks, and cloud technology
- Technical understanding of software development, coding methodologies and source code management – Git (and Gitlab, GitHub)
- Working knowledge of security and data protection standards including GDPR, ISO 27001, ISA 3402, SOC 2 Type 2
Experience working in an academic environment may be a bonus for this role and similarly hands-on software development experience is desirable.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Freelance
Salary: CHF52.00 – CHF172.00 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift