Are you interested in joining a revolutionary, fast-paced and innovative environment? About us For decades, the clearing of financial transactions remained unchanged and unchallenged. We asked, ‘Wha
Are you interested in joining a revolutionary, fast-paced and innovative environment?
For decades, the clearing of financial transactions remained unchanged and unchallenged. We asked, ‘What if there was a better way? What if we could make those transactions faster, safer, more reliable and accessible to all?’
Our pioneering approach has opened the door to innovation, enabling our partners to thrive. We continue to ask, ‘What if…?’ every day, working with our partners to bring their powerful financial services to everyone from shopkeepers and savers to businesses and institutions.
It’s the skill and enterprise of our own people that make this happen, and it’s ClearBank’s belief in fairness, autonomy and choice that means they have opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to our partners’ success. For more about ClearBank, check out our website here.
About the Role
We are looking for a Financial Crime Investigation and Intelligence (FCII) Model Management Lead to act as a subject matter expert for model/list management across our financial crime systems and controls. Specific responsibilities include ensuring the tools produce the best quality alerts possible given the available data and the lists used within the tools are kept up to date.
As the Lead, you will have additional responsibilities including line management, work allocation/prioritisation, to be the principal escalation point for/voice of the Model Management team and to own and maintain all team model/list and user access management procedures and guidelines.
Candidates should be highly experienced in financial crime mitigation across FI and NBFIs particularly in AML transaction monitoring and sanctions screening both from a technical (rule development, tuning, optimisation) and from an operational perspective. Thus you will have a strong understanding of financial crime systems, typologies and detection methods, list management techniques and operational processes and the challenges banks face with these. In addition, you should be experienced in the extraction of data using SQL and ideally using PowerBI or a similar BI platform.
You must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable dealing with change and take pride and enjoy in supporting the team. Successful candidates will be experienced in raising concerns and providing solutions, engaging with our suppliers and actively proactive. Candidates should have sound knowledge of correspondent banking services; strong technical and regulatory knowledge across financial crime and Sanctions within the UK and EEA and a firm understanding of how to identify and mitigate risks within a business.
Core Skills and Experience:
- Responsible for the creation of anti-money laundering rules within our current tool, Featurespace, to help identify potential money laundering and the tuning of these rules/optimisation of the system
- Responsible for the creation of payment sanctions screening rules to identify potential avoidance of sanctioned targets
- Support the access management for the financial crime team and others to our systems, SharePoint site and PowerBI reports
- Development of PowerBI dashboards to allow the team to extract data from the data lake directly
- Extract data directly from the Azure data lake using SQL for tuning/optimisation purposes and to support the team with larger queries than possible through PowerBI
- Support the introduction of a new AML system and the migration of rules to our new payment sanctions screening tool
- Complete control testing activities as defined in the Risk Controls Self-Assessment
- Manage work allocation/prioritisation across the Models Management team
- Have a deep understanding of the risks within correspondent banking and experience in detection and mitigation of such risk
- Assist with building Financial Crime / sanctions and money laundering typologies knowledge within the team and across the wider business.
- Conduct complex analysis using large data sets to identify unusual themes and patterns
- Apply strong technical and regulatory knowledge to identify potential control / risk issues
- Provide subject matter expertise on change programmes and new product development
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the business to meet role objectives and deliver key activities.
Financial Services/Banking Experience:
- Strong knowledge of financial crime control frameworks and regulatory standards.
- Strong knowledge of sectors such as money remittance, electronic money, APIs, Cryptocurrency firms, and merchant acquirers.
- Significant knowledge of UK and EU AML/CTF legislation (international AML/CTF knowledge is advantageous)
- Significant knowledge of money laundering typologies across a range of products and services in financial services along with a strong background in sanctions payment screening
- Significant experience dealing with complex business models, PEPs, sanctions and red flags
Key Skills and expertise
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed, and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to produce meaningful presentations and communicate/negotiate with key stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and good judgement
- Work to tight deadlines under pressure whilst maintaining high level of quality and competency
- A recognised AML / Sanctions / Fraud qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Strong SQL, Python skills desirable for dealing with large datasets but not essential
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
We are looking for motivated team players who are delivery focused and can suggest solutions as to how things can be done better, as we’re always looking to improve and do things differently. It is important that you have this mind-set too.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 days off per year to do something ‘bigger than ClearBank’ (Charity days)
- Competitive employee benefits and perks
- Remote-first working with access to London and Bristol offices
- Regular in-person and online socials
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- Flexible working practices
- You’ll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now!
The legal bit:
By submitting your CV you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK. Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.