About us Tech Circus Ltd is one of the UK's fastest-growing event start-ups, spanning; UX, Product, Technology, Blockchain, Web 3, the Metaverse and more. Tech Circus has its roots in its thriving dig
Tech Circus Ltd is one of the UK’s fastest-growing event start-ups, spanning; UX, Product, Technology, Blockchain, Web 3, the Metaverse and more.
Tech Circus has its roots in its thriving digital network. It operates Europe’s largest UX and Design community, offering monthly evening educational networking meetups (100-300 attendees) in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Berlin, which feed into our larger global conferences of up to 3000 attendees in the UK and America.
Since the pandemic, all events were migrated online, hosting over 170 events during this time. In the wake of this transition and our ongoing success with virtual events, we opted to create a new arm to the business, dedicated to emerging technologies like Blockchain, AI, The Metaverse and the emerging Web 3.0
As such, this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and rapidly evolving events team and be instrumental in supporting the expansion of the events offering across 2021 and beyond.
Tech Circus is a rapidly growing independent company that produces educational events for the community of digital design, product, UX & Blockchain. Our online streaming platform is one of a kind helping us to create an unforgettable conference experience. Live streaming online events on Tech Circus TV receives constantly growing popularity among designers.
If you are passionate about marketing, writing & new evolving technology then we are looking for you! You will be working within marketing department supporting the team with engaging content about our conferences covering UX Design, Behaviour and Design, Metaverse, WEB3 and many more.
We are looking for:
- An excellent writer with the ability to spot a story and write for a wide range of audiences
- A digital whizz – writing content for digital channels and using data to test and improve
- Experience of web publishing and content management systems
- Skilled at building effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Evidence of excellent copywriting skills
- Able to work within a virtual team but a self-starter and the ability to manage own priorities and workload
- Delivering campaign messaging and content such as blogs, posts, ads, videos, presentations, and brochures
- Restructuring of copy to make it more relevant, engaging, and human
- A top-notch understanding of the principles of writing brilliant copy that sells
- A lateral thinker who can come up with an original perspective rather than the usual hackneyed route – and who can write copy that is interesting even when the subject isn’t necessarily the most riveting
- Self-critical and confident enough to try out new ideas and cast most of them aside in order to find a gem
- Emotionally intelligent with an ability to both laugh at yourself, charm others and influence both colleagues and customers
- A complete mastery of the English language – and slightly obsessive when it comes to spelling and grammar
- Always on the look-out to improve how things are done, challenging the status quo and never accepting second best
- A guardian for the brand, checking all communications before it goes out to the world ensuring it’s on-brand, on-message and free of typos and grammar errors
- Brainstorming and working with the rest of the team to come up with original and innovative ideas for various forms of content, from social media campaigns to video content
Skills and experience
- Bachelor degree with at least 2:1
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong writing, editorial, and reviewing skills
- Experience in writing creative and engaging content
- You’re a team player and know how to collaborate across functions
- You’re naturally well organised and can keep cool when working to tight deadlines
- Proven record of operational excellence with ability to manage multiple engagements simultaneously, demonstrating resourcefulness in resolving issues, ability to prioritise, and detail orientation.
- Exceptional presentation, written communications, and cross-team collaboration skills.
- Quality control and proofreading of your own and colleagues writing.
- International travel opportunities to help run our monthly and annual events in places like New York, Amsterdam and Berlin.
- Opportunity to build your team & manage a portfolio of events
- Chance to build personal relationships with some of the biggest tech innovators in the world!
- Remote-first company
- Competitive Salary – with opportunities for growth
- 32 days holiday per year (including bank holidays and a day off on your birthday)
- Inclusive and great working culture
- Mental Health Support
- Quarterly Incentives – Team Socials
If you think you are the perfect candidate for this position please send your resume and cover letter! We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Reference ID: TechCircusmarketing21
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday