We are CARIAD, an automotive software company and part of the Volkswagen Group. Our mission is to make the automotive experience safer, more sustainable, more comfortable, more digital, and more fun.
We are CARIAD, an automotive software company and part of the Volkswagen Group. Our mission is to make the automotive experience safer, more sustainable, more comfortable, more digital, and more fun. Soon, we’ll be a team of more than 5,000 software developers and engineers, building the leading tech stack for the automotive industry and creating a unified software platform for over 10 million new vehicles per year.
We’re looking for talented, digital minds like you to help us create code that moves the world. Together we’ll build outstanding digital experiences and products for all Volkswagen Group brands that will transform mobility. Join us as we shape the future of the car and everyone around it.
The Vehicle and Cloud Platform is CARIAD’s unit pursuing the vision of transforming cars into digital platforms. By developing software platforms for the in-vehicle computers and control units as well as for the cloud backend, a seamless and uniform software eco system emerges. Positioned as a horizontal, end-to-end abstraction layer, our future software platform will impose a dramatic impact on speed and quality of innovation, reduction of complexity and development efficiency. It is the heart of Volkswagens software defined car strategy.
The Vehicle and Cloud Platform is composed of products like the VW.OS, the next generation of in-vehicle SW platform, or the VW Automotive Cloud, a cloud platform dedicated to automotive online services. Moreover, it covers enabling technologies like data collection and management, updateability and digital lifecycle management of all vehicle software, connectivity solutions and mobile online services.
We are currently looking for a thesis student for a project in the area of Digital Twins, who will explore how Digital Twins can benefit from knowledge graphs and blockchain technology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Concept development of a combination of knowledge graphs and blockchain technology
- Evaluation and effort estimation for the practical implementation of the developed concept
- Evaluation of the results and to what extent the approach is suitable for use in Digital Twin Development
- Documentation and communication of experiments and research findings
- Independent work developing research plans and experiments, and reporting regularly to the department supervisor
WHO YOU ARE
- Enrolled master student in Computer Science / Data Science / Machine Learning or related relevant fields
- Above average bachelor graduation in computer science, mathematics, or other related courses with outstanding academic performance
- Strong communication skills and analytical understanding
- Strong interested in new technologies
- Knowledge of Data Science
NICE TO KNOW
- 35-hour work week
- Remote / mobile work
- Duration: 4-6 months