What is Canonical Canonical is the global open source solutions provider and the publisher of Ubuntu. Since 2004 Canonical has led the way in providing free open source software solutions has creat
What is Canonical
Canonical is the global open source solutions provider and the publisher of Ubuntu. Since 2004 Canonical has led the way in providing free open source software solutions has created, putting innovation in the hands of everyone. Our portfolio of solutions are designed to support enterprises to innovate from the data centre to the edge; leading the way in cloud infrastructure, advanced robotics, enabling AI, blockchain, autonomous cars and smart things. We are proud to support the critical infrastructure and operations for thousands of businesses and millions of Ubuntu users around the world including AT&T, Bloomberg, Netflix, Paypal, Sky, Slack, Spotify and Tmobile.
We seek to have a positive impact on the global IT community and support new and innovative development for the companies we work with and the communities in which we work. As a truly global company with more than 800 employees in over 39 countries, and 10 offices we offer a collaborative and open work environment where people are valued for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well.
The marketing team at Canonical drives commercial outcomes for the company across its portfolio of products and grows the addressable market through digital marketing campaigns, lifecycle management, events, partnerships and community development. If these things are important to you and you’re driven by driving growth, delighting customers and filling the sales funnel, we want to talk with you.
We’re on the look out for a brilliant Growth Engineer to join our team to own our marketing automation, tools and processes.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, technology marketing and the use of technology in marketing. They prefer to work in an environment that emphasises ownership of projects, collaboration, learning, curiosity and a drive to continually improve oneself / the team / the organisation. They love to problem solve, get hands-on, experiment, measure and use automation to make everyday life easier.
As a growth engineer you will:
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of Canonical’s “passive” marketing engine, generating qualified leads with no effort
- Lead the operation, implementation, integration, reporting and continuous improvements of Canonical’s marketing automation tools and processes
- Activities might involve but not limited to:
- Interface and interact with sales, inside sales, communications, product management and other groups within Canonical to continuously improve the performance of marketing campaigns and marketing activities
- Support the sales process from lead generation to contract closure
- Setup, monitor and improve all nurturing processes
- Interface with Sales operation team to maintain integration and reporting across Marketo and Salesforce
- Evangelise throughout Canonical the use of marketing automation to improve customer interactions and therefore acquisition, activation and retention
- Maintain consistency, quality and legality of Canonical’s lead Database and marketing practices
- Generate ideas across the funnel in support of all marketing campaigns.
- Support content marketing activities, through project management, research, content creation and promotion
Some international travel required.
The successful growth engineer will have:
- Proficiency with Marketo and at least another CRM or Marketing automation platform
- Ability to work with at least two of the following languages: Python, JS, SQL
- Experience with data pipelines management
- Experience in data analysis
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and aptitude for forging trusting relationships across diverse, cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to prioritise and differentiate what matters from the noise, meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Growth mindset – someone who is not afraid to think big and take on risks.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.