Company Description Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following com
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Ethnic Minority, and the Previously Incarcerated. If you identify with any of the following communities do not hesitate to register, even if you feel that this particular opportunity is not the right fit for you.
Company Name: Binance
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
The Market Surveillance Investigator will work with compliance, legal, technology, and front office product teams within Binance to assist with building and implementing new surveillance capabilities. This individual will assist with the design of the surveillance infrastructure and will be responsible for analyzing and investigating the output of surveillance reports. This requires analytical and problem solving skills to identify signals from complex data sets that could be indicative of market misconduct. This position relies on independent decision making with high accuracy and attention to detail. The candidate will work with compliance, front office product teams, and other stakeholders to identify regulatory developments and industry trends that warrant updating existing or developing new surveillance to ensure the firm has comprehensive coverage.
- Responsible for the timely analysis of alerts leading to the detection and prevention of market misconduct.
- Identify areas of concern and escalate to stakeholders; quickly highlight abnormal and/or aberrant activity to senior management and product heads.
- Contribute to the design and development of models to enhance surveillance coverage, including but not limited to various forms of conduct risk, compliance policies, and market manipulation.
- Perform ad-hoc reviews of trading activity by analyzing complex situations, identifying high risk behaviors, and applying judgment to resolve issues in an efficient manner.
- Compile analysis into meaningful summaries and make findings available to relevant stakeholders such as Legal and Compliance.
- Keep informed of regulatory, business, and market structure changes that impact the surveillance program and continually look for methods to improve coverage and performance.
- The ideal candidate possesses exceptional analytical and communication skills needed for dealing with market participants regarding activity under review.
- The successful candidate should have at least 2 years of industry experience, ideally in financial services compliance, at a financial services regulator, exchange/trading venue or similar experience, with a good understanding of financial markets and trading.
- Proven experience working in a rapidly changing and complex work environment.
- Strong functional knowledge of trade surveillance and exception based monitoring.
- Substantial knowledge of financial/trading regulatory frameworks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Resourceful, results oriented, self starter with the ability to persevere and overcome obstacles.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, analytical skills, and impeccable integrity.
- Digital Asset product and market structure knowledge is a plus.
- Tableau, Python, and SQL skills are a plus.
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.