About Kraken As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by o
As one of the largest and most trusted
digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read
Kraken Culture Explained
to find out more about us!
About the Role
This role is Remote // Preference for location in a Western EU country)
Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fast growing industries in Europe. We are expanding and innovating throughout all aspects of the company to support this rapid growth, and to ensure that we can effectively execute on our highly ambitious short-, medium- and long-term plans for regional product and market growth.
- Manage the profit & loss (“P&L”) of regulated financial services entities and their operations.
- Develop and implement regional product and market strategies in concert with Kraken executive leadership.
- Draft and carry out a development strategy to build upon product opportunities and maximise profitability.
- Maintain and execute a regional business plan to maximise market share and client growth.
- Build and manage a standalone, high-performing operations team, including compliance, finance, security/IT, and other functions.
- Guide a regulated financial services business in preparing and completing regulatory examinations and audits.
- Lead engagement with regional governments and regulators.
- Drive relationships with regional financial institution partners, including domestic and international banks.
- 8+ years of experience in general management and/or operations.
- Proven experience in P&L management, either as CEO, COO, or head of a business unit, leading teams and businesses at scale.
- Experience in operating a licensed financial service in a relevant industry; e.g., crypto/blockchain, fintech, financial services, or brokerage/exchange.
- Prior experience owning relationships with financial regulators on behalf of commercial entities.
- Ability to work with product and engineering to define roadmaps and requirements.
- Qualified to serve on the boards of directors of Kraken regional subsidiaries, being in good standing with relevant regulators and industry bodies.
- Qualified to serve in “Approved Persons” roles, or equivalent, subject to relevant financial regulatory frameworks.
- Expertise in financial products and regulatory compliance, including AML, e-money, capital markets, and crypto regimes. Strong command of financial statements and fiduciary duties.
- Analytical expertise and data-driven decisioning skills, mastery of financial models, projections, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; public relations experience strongly preferred.
- Strong demonstrated interest in, and knowledge of, crypto assets and blockchain technologies.
- Technical background in, or knowledge of, software/internet products & services, particularly in a product development context.
- Post-merger integration (PMI) change management; EU-specific experience preferred.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained