Supporting the execution of firm-wide operational risk control and management including the development of key risk indicators....
Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its
first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data
transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as
the first performant blockchain platform, following its introduction in May 2018.
Through its affiliate, Block.one Hong Kong provides software development and consultancy
services through its office in Central, Hong Kong. We are continuing to look for global and local
talent to join us in Hong Kong to offer creative solutions based on the latest technological
innovations and trends.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Role & Responsibilities
- Supporting the execution of firm-wide operational risk control and management including the development of key risk indicators
- Supporting the development and implementation of operational risk policies and procedures
- Supporting the business in performing risk and control assessments
- Tracking and monitoring operational risk issues
- Preparing and submitting risk reports to Management and Group
- Investigating cause of operational risk and providing support to mitigate such risk
- Developing, maintaining and ensuring the efficiency and ongoing effectiveness of the risk and control framework for all relevant regulatory, operational and outsourced activities
- Supporting the development of risk mitigation activities and providing adequate oversight to ensure appropriate execution
- Conducting operational risk-related thematic reviews and providing guidance on various operational risk issues
- Organising and conducting risk management training on a periodic basis
Preferred candidates will have the following qualifications and skills:
Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to connect and communicate at all levels across an organisation.
Ability and capacity to absorb large volumes of information and articulate a solution in a verbal and written format.
Strong collaborative skills and the ability to work in matrix management and coordinate with peer functions.
Analytical skills to gather and review data sets and identify trends.
Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
Bachelor’s degree or above in Risk Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related disciplines
Previous experience in risk and control roles in the financial services industry and/or familiarity with GFSC requirements and market practices will be an advantage