Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About The Role
This role is remote. Candidates will have either have to be based in Australia or be in that time zone and have strong relationships with mainstream and trade media in the region.
Seeking an accomplished, experienced individual to serve as Manager of Communications on a dynamic communications team. At its core, the Manager of Comms is responsible for: generating amazing coverage in Australia, protecting the company’s brand reputation and building relationships with key stakeholders, reporters and industry peers.
- Develop and implement media relations plans for technical products and Kraken’s brand stories.
- Strengthen existing relationships and cultivate new relationships with print, online, broadcast reporters, producers, bloggers and influencers in Australia and Asia Pacific
- Reactively respond to media inquiries, educate reporters, correct misperceptions and work with the team on issues and crisis communications.
- Work with executives around the company to position thought leaders and content with top tier media outlets.
- Collaborate closely with communications team, content, growth marketing, product marketing teams to implement the company’s external communication strategy
- Organize press briefings, media sessions and events, and create press materials including media pitches, FAQs, fact sheets in a fast-paced environment
- Storymine with executives to create thoughtful pitches and narratives
- Measure and report impact of campaigns using key performance indicators
- Monitor the social landscape and elevate notable developments and trends
- 5-8 years of public relations experience preferably with a fintech or agency serving fintech clients
- Passion for crypto and Kraken’s mission
- Experience working with executives at major company or fast-paced startup
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Knowledge and understanding of the cryptocurrency or blockchain landscape
- Self-starter that is capable of independently pushing projects to completion
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us