Do you want to develop quickly, are you keen to take responsibility and do you want to make an impact? Join us as a Manager in Credit Risk Modelling in Switzerland! We are looking for talented and exp
Do you want to develop quickly, are you keen to take responsibility and do you want to make an impact? Join us as a Manager in Credit Risk Modelling in Switzerland! We are looking for talented and experienced colleagues who want to combine their quantitative background with consultancy and risk management.
We believe that our business’ growth can only be sustainable when our people love the work they do and when it’s balanced with their personal lives. That is why we build successful teams with the brightest specialists in our niche market.
We are an international specialized consultancy firm advising global organizations within treasury management, risk management and corporate finance.The firm has its roots in the Netherlands and has regional offices across Europe, the United States and Asia. Recently, Zanders attracted a Private Equity fund and is expanding into several important locations worldwide. For more than 10 years Zanders has been established in Zurich and has successfully developed a solid financial institutions advisory team in Switzerland. It also opened an office in Frankfurt am Main this year to further expand its services in the DACH region. The focus of the team is on the areas of credit risk and asset & liability management (ALM).
For the future, our focus will be expanded to include risk projects related to climate change, machine learning, and blockchain technology. As a Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with clients in all of these areas. Our clients include banks, insurance companies and asset managers. You will advise our clients on their risk models, risk governance and policies.
As a Manager in the Financial Institutions team in Switzerland, you will work in multidisciplinary teams on various quantitative credit risk projects to manage complex challenges and develop models that the client can implement in their business. You will advice clients, manage independently a variety of smaller projects, and work as a member of a team on larger projects. You will have a well-defined role, with clear responsibilities and you will be the direct contact for both the client and the junior consultants. Each project offers a new challenge, with new stakeholders and a different level of complexity.
Your impact on the business will be significant. At Zanders you get the chance to take on significantly more responsibility by contributing directly to business development from day one.
Furthermore, we believe it is very important to train our consultants well with a wide range of internal and external training and courses. This means you have the opportunity to share knowledge with your peers and work on your personal development in terms of knowledge and skills.
Skills to be successful
- Master’s degree in Econometrics or a similar quantitative study.
- 5-7 years of experience in model development and/or validation as well as broader risk governance in the credit risk area.
- Strong interest in developing, designing and performing the quantification of credit risk.
- A large network and connections in Swiss banking industry, preferably also in Germany.
- Regulatory understanding and preferably experience with TRIM missions, IMIs, OSIs etc.
- Strong knowledge of programming tools (e.g. R, Python, MatLab, SAS).
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, innovative and analytical thinker.
- Flexible to travel.
- Fluent in German and English.
We offer in return
At Zanders you will of course enjoy attractive conditions of employment: a good salary, a nice number of holidays, mobility budget and a Zanders bonus scheme. But there is more to look forward to. Will you be working at Zanders? Then we will offer you:
- Opportunity to establish yourself as a credit risk expert in the financial industry.
- Challenging assignments and responsibility within a varied project and client portfolio with plentiful opportunity for personal development.
- Opportunity to advise and work with a variety of well-recognized (global) financial institutions.
- Varied and personal training to elevate your consulting skills and content knowledge.
- Ambitious, service-driven work environment where innovation is key.
- Possibility to partially work from home.
- Opportunities to work on projects in other locations (e.g. Frankfurt am Main).
- A lively and entrepreneurial team, an organization that encourages, motivates and focuses on its people.
- And on top of it, enthusiastic and helpful colleagues, good coffee, an annual Zanders trip to a (surprise) location in Europe and other social activities.
Important note: Due to the summer holidays, we will respond to your application in the week of 29 August.
Who we are
We are a leading international consultancy firm focused on treasury management, risk management and corporate finance. From our offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, United States, South Africa, Germany and Japan, our 220+ consultants service corporates, financial institutions, public sector entities and NGO’s. We have a strong ambition to further expand our business.
With the recent investment of our strategic partner, MML Capital, Zanders aims to expand its capabilities and teams in existing international markets and enter new markets and segments. We are therefore looking for candidates like you to join that growth.
We believe that developing our people by investing in them and by sharing knowledge and experiences sets us apart from the crowd and is the key to our success. That is why we create an inspiring work environment and foster our open, family atmosphere in which freedom, fun and flexibility play an important role. It is also why we aim to make our next project even more exciting and challenging!
By applying for a role at Zanders, you give us approval to use and retain your personal details. Taking into account the nature of Zanders enterprise, you are expected to behave to a high moral standard. A Pre-Employment Screening (PES) by a third party is part of the application process.