With the combination of in-depth crypto expertise, a strong technical skill set and experience in managing strategic accounts, you will play a major role in…...
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As the Manager for Client Services, you will lead the team responsible for providing end-to-end, high-touch support for high value traders, institutions and businesses. With the combination of in-depth crypto expertise, a strong technical skill set and experience in managing strategic accounts, you will play a major role in crafting our strategy for scalability in Europe. Given that this function lives within the Customer Experience organization, you will also be expected to collaborate with the global operations leadership team to deliver world class support.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Serve as a proactive thought leader across Customer Experience Operations, with a bias towards action and the ability to contribute to overall organizational strategy and direction.
- Effectively hire, manage and develop a high performing team that provides an end to end suite of services for high value traders, institutions and businesses
- Solve both tactical and strategic problems for institutional clients, but also for global clients trading during European hours
- Make informed, data driven decisions by using an in-depth understanding of metrics, reporting, market knowledge and operations
- Help create a better client experience by synthesizing and championing client feedback across internal partners
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ business models and their needs through relationship building and management
- Develop technical, subject matter expertise across all institutional products and services
- Utilize knowledge of crypto markets to solve complex challenges in a multifaceted environment
- Foster a highly engaged organization, setting up opportunities for career development and growth
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and crafting a seamless support experience for our global institutional customer base.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct management experience.
- Experience serving institutional clients in a traditional brokerage, asset management, or trading context; or experience serving crypto-first investors.
- Excellent track record of growing and leading deeply engaged, high performing teams.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization.
- Experience using technology and automation to drive outstanding support experiences
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and client locations, based on needs
Nice to haves:
- Deep subject matter expertise and experience in crypto and/or financial services, ideally in client services, sales, payments, compliance and/or risk operations.
- Japanese and/or Korean spoken and written proficiency
- Expertise with trading APIs, especially crypto exchange APIs
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics or quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or blockchain.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Disability and Life Assurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Individual Career Development budget
- Pension plan with company match
- Tax saver commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite