Manager – Business Consulting – Supply Chain Procurement
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your uni
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In the area of Procurement, you will accompany organizations in the implementation of company-wide transformation programs, from strategy and concept development to implementation.
Your key responsibilities
- You will accompany CPOs and Procurement Leaders of some of the best global companies in designing and implementing transformation programs
- You will lead procurement transformation programs, playing a central role towards our clients as a trusted advisor
- You will manage programs and/or work streams in client engagements and will work in multi-disciplinary teams (e.g., IT, Finance, Tax, Transactions) to deliver high quality services in line with our proven global methodologies and tools
- You will leverage existing, emerging, and new technologies (e.g., RPA, ML/AI, Blockchain, Parametric bidding, Source-to-Pay suites, and best-of-breed solutions) to deliver these transformations
- You will support the business in developing EY knowledge and concepts for our practice, whilst also actively establishing, maintaining, and strengthening internal and external relationships
Skills and attributes for success
As a Manager you have 6+ years of experience at a top tier management consulting and/or project leadership experience in the industry in complex and significant transformation programs within Procurement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and rigorous working methods, high motivation and entrepreneurial mindset
- Empathetic personality, excellent team leadership skills and enjoy working in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Experience in sales activities e.g., proposal creation / business development, and understanding of business metrics
- Proven project management experience, with ability to lead and mobilize cross-functional teams and deliver complex and high-impact programs
- A strong interest in digital and some working experience with tools such as SAP Ariba, Coupa, Jagger, BlueYonder, Zycus
You will have meaningful experience in one of the following areas: procurement strategy and category management, procurement operating model, supplier management and supplier innovation, source-to-pay management.
Ideally, you also have
- Sector experience in Consumer Products, Life Science and/or Industrial Products
- Flexibility including willingness to travel regionally and globally
- A degree in economics, industrial engineering, supply chain or procurement with excellent results
As an international company, we require excellent English skills. German is an asset, fluent French is desirable. Flexibility including willingness to travel regionally and globally
Preferred locations are Zurich and Geneva, but we are also open for Lausanne and Basel.
What we offer
EY Switzerland offers you to work in a diverse and inclusive environment of around 3’000 employees from 64 different countries. You will learn from the best and continuously develop yourself as we invest an important share of our annual turnover in the personal development and trainings of our employees; at EY, you have the possibility to earn an accredited Master’s or MBA from the Hult International Business School, free of charge*.
Furthermore, we offer the following benefits:
- Hybrid working model: Within the limits of client requirements and the legal framework, the possibility of home office to better suit your needs
- Work-life balance: Take 5-6 weeks of holidays per year as a standard**.
- Flexible travel: Equipped with your half-fare travelcard, enjoy 1st class to your clients’ premises, all expenses paid.
- Social contributions: Opt for one of our generous pension fund plans and do not worry about accident coverage
- Parents@EY: Our benefits specially designed for parents at EY will help you focus on Work-Life integration.
- Fair-ON-Pay certified: As everyone deserves a fair pay, our salary grids and guidelines ensure the equal treatment we aim for***.
Have we sparked your interest? We look forward to receiving your application with CV, cover letter, certificates, and transcript of grades.
For more information, please contact our recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- EY Contractors, interns and alumni are excluded
** Depending on the rank
*** Any salary ranges published on external platforms are not reflective of EY standards
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.