High level of proficiency in cryptocurrency and Coinbase products. Facilitate prospect and client demo calls, serving as subject matter specialist on product…...
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Coinbase Customer Experience (CX) organization plays an imperative role in achieving our mission. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer challenges, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to build an effortless experience. More specifically, the CX Operations team is dedicated to providing premier support and account management across our entire suite of products.
As a Manager of the US Account Management team, you’ll join a high caliber team of passionate support professionals whose performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. You will serve as the primary point of contact internally and externally for your Institutional client base and be the subject matter expert for Coinbase’s institutional suite of products (Prime Broker and Custody). You will be responsible for providing premier service and support to our most valued institutional clients such as hedge funds, investment managers, market makers, and private wealth managers. Being diligent, empathetic, a great people manager, and have a bias towards action, you will play a crucial role in the success of the Account Management organization as we help build the crypto economy.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Lead a team of high performing Account Managers and engage with senior management to drive the overall teams strategy.
- Serve as the Account Manager for a group of Coinbase’s highest priority and value institutional clients, co-owning the relationship with our Institutional Coverage sales teams.
- Act as the primary point of contact internally and externally for your client base.
- Conduct forensic mapping of each account to effectively build strong, trusted and fruitful relationships across all areas of the client organization, including the C-suite.
- Be the primary escalation point for your team and their clients.
- Provide a best in class experience for our clients through effective partner management, conclusive prioritization, and efficient execution across institutional teams
- Understand complex, multi-product client workflows and strategies to ensure that our institutional clients are integrated appropriately and using our product suite efficiently
- Effectively triage, manage and prioritize incoming client requests. Handle requests through to resolution, including delegating across teams of subject matter specialists
- Facilitate prospect and client demo calls, serving as subject matter specialist on product features, answering technical cryptocurrency related questions, and demonstrating how Coinbase can fit into their overall strategy
- Coordinate closely with Sales and Trading to design and jointly deliver use cases and solutions that drive portfolio allocation strategies into digital assets for institutions.
- Develop consistent flow of customer referrals from accounts to feed Sales and Trading pipeline
- Distill client feedback to internal teams including Advocacy, Engineering and Product when surfacing bugs, incidents, and product feedback
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- A proven leader with a minimum of 4 years experience leading Account Management teams, who is willing to assume the responsibilities of running a senior team
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless, white-glove support experience for our highest value individual and institutional clients
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in an institutional client partner / services / advisory role in financial services or technology industry
- Comfortable being the escalation point both internally and externally for your team and their clients.
- Experience with relationship or account management for institutional clients, liaising with executive leadership, management, and/or senior operations contacts
- In depth knowledge of global financial markets, prime brokerage, margin, lending, derivatives, trading platforms, custody, and/or crypto
- Fantastic interpersonal skills in order to represent your team across multiple departments, partners, and clients
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization
- Travel requirements up to 20% to Coinbase offices and client locations (depending on business need)
Nice to haves:
- High level of proficiency in cryptocurrency and Coinbase products
- Advanced degree in business, finance, project management or client experience
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Disability and Life Assurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Individual Career Development budget
- Pension plan with company match
- Tax saver commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite
Learn more about our mission