Who you will be working with At Capgemini Invent, we help our clients to embrace innovation and transformation to get the future they want. By combining strategy, technology, d
Who you will be working with
At Capgemini Invent, we help our clients to embrace innovation and transformation to get the future they want.
By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion
Our brand promise “Get The Future You Want” reflects our passion for people and technology and highlights the company’s commitment to inclusion and sustainability.
An important aspect of ‘Get the Future You Want’ is to balance hybrid ways of working between your Capgemini office, home, and client location (where applicable). We recognise that it is an imperative to create flexibility so you can enjoy an optimal work-life balance and feel empowered to achieve success. When you come onboard, or before, please discuss this with your manager so you can agree the best ways of working for your role, team, and client.
Get The Future You Want
The focus of your role
You will be a leading Payments consultant and / or expert with experience in transformation programmes. You will have expertise in developing and applying the most advanced payments’ solutions in the market for our banking clients in both domestic and international settings. You will have achieved success and excellence in the definition of strategic programs and their execution.
You will be adept at delivering / working on complex projects, breaking down barriers, engaging with stakeholders and planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed. You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking.
You will have several of the following skillsets:
- Experience with team management
- Track record of thriving and delivering in a fast-paced environment
- Recognised expertise and understanding of the payments’ ecosystem and technologies
- Expertise managing multiple complex programmes and executive cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
In addition, you will have domain expertise in designing and delivering payments’ transformation initiatives and programmes. You will have knowledge of the payment verticals, including: acquisition, issuance, open banking, international schemes, fintechs, and transactional payments. You will have a well-informed viewpoint and / or expertise with DeFi, blockchain, CBDC, stablecoin, crypto and cloud – and the impact of those technologies and trends on payments.
What you will do
Our people are flexible, and the scope of your role will vary with each project, in line with the breadth and depth of your experience. Our consultants are at the heart of delivering profitable outcomes in business and technology-oriented environments, working in a collaborative way with a broad range of clients to achieve their strategic goals. You will work with leading Banking clients to assist them in shaping, planning and executing their most strategic change portfolios. As a senior leader, you will be expected to lead teams and to become actively involved in future business development opportunities.
What you will bring
You will have exceptional Banking and Consulting experience with a background in transformation and you will have insightful points of view regarding innovating the future of the industry.
You will be familiar with business and process mining technology trends, as well as key Challenger and Fintech players. In addition, you will be comfortable leading teams and delivering excellence:
- A proven track record of driving value in consumer, business, commercial or corporate banking
- Proven expertise in the structuring and execution of complex and critical client programmes
- Exceptional stakeholder management, with experience of being able to influence senior stakeholders and “get things done” across a range of organisations, varying in size and complexity
- Expert knowledge and experience of both agile and traditional project management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- First class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Strong business acumen, a high level of financial management capability, and experience of providing key Management Information to support the business.
- Understanding of modern digital technologies
Critically, as an influencer and leader you will bring experience of delivering transformation within Banking and have experience positioning and selling business-led transformation programmes. In addition, you will have a background in:
- Building and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Business case development
- Road map and benefits alignment
- Delivering end to end transformation within a Banking context
- A solid understanding of market maturity and transformation investment horizons within UK banks
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You will be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: www.uk.capgemini-Invent.com/