The Corporate Development / M&A Associate will work with the head of M&A and executive team to identify M&A opportunities, plan and execute transaction,…...
Ledger is a fast-growing leader in cryptocurrency security and infrastructure for blockchain applications.
Headquartered in Paris, with offices in multiple countries across Europe, North America and Asia, Ledger has a team of 250 + and an aggressive hiring plan for the next couple of years. (Note that the M&A function is based in London).
Ledger is well funded with an aggressive growth agenda that has M&A as a critical component of execution.
In this context of strong growth, LEDGER is looking to grow the M&A team, recruiting for an Associate to join the M&A Team, based in London.
- The Corporate Development / M&A Associate will work with the head of M&A and executive team to identify M&A opportunities, plan and execute transaction, including target landscape assessments, outreach, development of the acquisition business case, valuation and synergy modelling, due diligence planning and management and collaboration with the integration team.
- Planning, oversight and hands on management of the full transaction lifecycle
- Prepare target profiles and market landscapes
- Detailed financial analysis of target companies
- Creating targeted business cases to assess opportunities and risks with the executive team
- Plan and manage targeted due diligence processes
- Work with the Head of M&A to negotiate transaction documents including NDAs. Term Sheets, SPAs
- Work with the Head of Integration to ensure value is realised
- Assess competitive threats from M&A activity elsewhere in the market
Who You Are
- At least 3-5 years of post-undergraduate technology oriented deal experience in-house, at an investment bank or private equity/venture capital firm.
- Strong modelling skills
- Strategic thinker, able to develop and consider the strategic implications of acquisition opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication, able to work with executives and target companies in developing strategies, assessing leading targets and identifying risks in due diligence
- Personal initiative, excellent judgment, and the ambition to independently source transactions.
- Curiosity to learn about new technologies and industry trends.
- Familiarity with all phases of an acquisition process
- Ability to influence, advise and push back on executives to drive the M&A agenda
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent English
- Ability to analyze and synthesize, problem solving.
- Competitive remuneration and employee shareholding: access to EQUITY according to the company’s current plan
- Relocation assistance if needed
- Strong focus on personal development, including internal and external training and conference attendance
- High performance equipment for your work.
- Aggressive paid-off policy
- Comprehensive health insurance with medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Annual company outing for Ledger Days; annual parties, snacks and drinks on the premises.
- Employee discount on Ledger products.
Ledger ensures fairness to all during the hiring process, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age