The Role We are looking for an Internal Control Manager to lead the Lykke Group Internal Control Framework efforts. The Internal Control Manager is to assist the Group Executive Management to revi
We are looking for an Internal Control Manager to lead the Lykke Group Internal Control Framework efforts.
The Internal Control Manager is to assist the Group Executive Management to review, refresh and develop cross organisational policies and procedures to safeguard the Groups ongoing and expanding legal and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following: management, legal compliance, accounting and auditing in financial services.
- Design, implement and manage the control systems to safeguard assets and support the delivery of strategic objectives.
- Direct the overall financial plans and accounting practice. Manage the financial performance by developing forecasts and monitoring ongoing performance against plan.
- Provide strong, forward-looking analytical leadership.
- Manage the production of reporting tools and key performance metrics to provide management insight into revenue and operating expense trends, track project spending, headcount and potential risks/opportunities to forecast or plan.
- Develop the forecast, budget, and long range plan, ensuring alignment of proper resource allocation.
- Build a system of well-informed business decisions.
- Implement project management planning and control framework and reporting.
- Identify staffing and training needs, evaluate employee performance, and coach staff.
- Lead the Accounting & Finance team to ensure excellence in day-to-day service delivery and future needs.
- Draft and modify internal policies
- Implement budgeting and KPI systems aimed to increase sustainable growth.
- Regulatory horizon scanning and ensure the company is up to date and aware of current and upcoming regulations, as well as changes to existing frameworks and guidance.
- Provide the overall leadership, vision, and direction for risk management within the group of companies.
- Drive the risk culture across the organization.
- Design, implement and manage fit for purpose risk management tools aimed to support growth and delivery of strategic objectives.
- Design and embed risk management into short, long and strategic planning systems.
- Ensure the business is taking a risk based approach to the growth plans and product / service development
- Ensure appropriate risk response plans in plans in place as appropriate.
- Embed risk management into management of the projects.
- At least Bachelor Degree in Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in risk management, internal controls, and internal audit.
- Experience in the area of FCA regulatory (UK) would be a significant preference.
- Certification in internal control is a plus.
- Good knowledge and experience in the fintech and financial services industry.
- Good understanding of the cryptocurrency / digital asset space (incl. legal and regulatory implications).
- Demonstrated Finance and/or Risk Management background in financial services as a plus.
- Sound negotiation skills on a senior management level with banks, regulators, and partners.
- Excellent English.
- High leadership and motivating skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to think out of the box.
This is an exciting and interesting opportunity for a candidate who is keen to join the growing blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem. Candidates will enjoy a friendly, a positive growth oriented environment where remote work and flexible work hours are embraced and with a can-do and enterprising spirit throughout.
If you are ready to take the leap in joining a fast-growing company, we encourage you to apply today!