Company Description Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw s
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Globalization team helps to bring Square products and services to the world. Its goal is to use Square’s success in the U.S. and deliver innovative, simple, unique and fully localized experiences to international Sellers. We are looking for a localization specialist to join Square’s fun and fast-paced team in Dublin. Reporting to the Localization Content Specialist Lead, you will help us shape the Square message with maximum relevance for Ireland and the UK, amplifying the brand and products in both markets.
- Interpret the global content strategy and contribute with a local perspective, tailoring the approach to be the most effective in Ireland and the UK
- Adapt campaign messaging, evergreen content and imagery (from Square’s website, blog, paid marketing and emails) to resonate with Sellers in key verticals
- Work on content related to Square hardware and online products, maintaining glossaries and term bases to ensure consistent use of terminology across UIs
- Participate in linguistic validation as an expert in your market, upholding a high-quality bar across the asset pipeline
- Conduct localization quality assurance to support product and campaign launches
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders, including localization program managers and product marketing teams
- Understand localization processes and partner with internal and external stakeholders to nurture best practices
- 3+ years of experience in the localization industry, either marketing or product side
- Native proficiency with English as spoken in Ireland and the UK, strong grammar, writing and editing skills
- Experience with global brands in a role that engages with outside agencies to manage locally relevant content
- Ability to handle multiple projects working with several stakeholders simultaneously
- Understanding of the cultural and market landscape differences between Ireland and the UK
- Ability to identify requirements quickly and prioritize important tasks
- Experience as an excellent team player in a fast-paced multicultural team
- Familiarity with transcreation, translation and localization process and technology
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Nice to Have:
- Proficiency in a second language
- Experience working with Memsource or comparable TMS
- Knowledge or interest in financial systems
- Experience with long-form online writing (for a blog, brand or website)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.