What is Canonical Canonical is the global open source solutions provider and the publisher of Ubuntu. Since 2004 Canonical has led the way in providing free open source software solutions has creat
What is Canonical
Canonical is the global open source solutions provider and the publisher of Ubuntu. Since 2004 Canonical has led the way in providing free open source software solutions has created, putting innovation in the hands of everyone. Our portfolio of solutions are designed to support enterprises to innovate from the data centre to the edge; leading the way in cloud infrastructure, advanced robotics, enabling AI, blockchain, autonomous cars and smart things. We are proud to support the critical infrastructure and operations for thousands of businesses and millions of Ubuntu users around the world including AT&T, Bloomberg, Netflix, Paypal, Sky, Slack, Spotify and Tmobile.
We seek to have a positive impact on the global IT community and support new and innovative development for the companies we work with and the communities in which we work. As a truly global company with more than 800 employees in over 39 countries, and 10 offices we offer a collaborative and open work environment where people are valued for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well.
The marketing team at Canonical drives commercial outcomes for the company across its portfolio of products and grows the addressable market through digital marketing campaigns, lifecycle management, events, partnerships and community development. If these things are important to you and you’re driven by driving growth, delighting customers and filling the sales funnel, we want to talk with you.
Canonical is looking for a Lifecycle (CRM) Marketing Manager who will be responsible for developing our customer relationship strategy at a global level for a diverse range of products to support our growth strategy. We have a database of over 500K users from developers through to employees at the world’s largest companies and we send millions of communications daily. We want to take our communications strategy to the next level, test out new formats and ideas and focus on sharing content, expertise and driving genuine engagement.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, technology marketing and the use of technology in marketing. They prefer to work in an environment that emphasises ownership of campaigns, collaboration, learning, curiosity and a drive to continually improve oneself / the team / the organisation. They love to problem solve, get hands-on, experiment, measure and use automation to make daily life easier.
As a lifecycle marketing manager you will:
- Work alongside marketing team members to attract, convert, engage and communicate with both new and existing customers, conceiving and executing customer base communications and marketing programs to upsell and cross-sell into our large base of customers
- Be responsible for the planning and management of email, outreach and automation to support the entire customer lifecycle.
- Input into content dissemination planning, campaign development and planning for planning product launches.
- Develop relevant automation and improvements
- Report and track the impact of email and outreach programmes to drive conversion and engagement metrics
- Collaborate with demand generation teams, utilising data and insights to create and improve strategies that drive traffic to our content, optimising marketing funnels
- Work with the teams to plan events, webinars and support paid and social media promotion
The successful lifecycle marketing manager will have:
- A minimum of 5 years in a CRM or lifecycle marketing function. Experience in enterprise software, SaaS preferred
- Experience working with Marketo, Salesforce, SalesLoft and similar tooling, reporting software and marketing tools
- Knowledge of workflow and process automation, case management and no/low code application development
- Knowledge of enterprise content management/content services would also be ideal
- Manage email calendar, cadences, content and process
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, and action plans
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and aptitude for forging trusting relationships across diverse, cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong content marketer
- Proven ability to prioritise and differentiate what matters from the noise, meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Growth mindset – someone who is not afraid to think big and take on risks
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.