Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Sales Executive, Watson Health Life Sciences – The Client Executive is an experienced, motivated consultative sales executive responsible for IBM Watson Health sales to key Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical accounts. The solution executive will be responsible for developing relationships across key accounts in order to build a pipe and close opportunities in the high-growth Watson Health Life Sciences segment. The sales executive will be responsible for understanding the Cloud, Cognitive/AI, real world data and clinical development solutions & offerings available in the Watson Health Life Sciences portfolio. The sales executive will develop account plans and sales strategies for assigned key accounts that bring the full value of the Watson Health portfolio and the broader IBM to our customers. This is an exciting and emerging business, requiring team members to be agile in response to market trends and offering traction. The sales executive will work with sales leadership and delivery to execute on sales strategy, provide voice of the customer feedback to portfolio owners and will be responsible for achieving account/territory revenue/signings targets.
- Build relationships within target accounts executives and key stakeholders to identify needs, map to Watson Health Life Sciences solutions, services and products offerings and close sales.
- Focus on continual development and progression of a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Build and execute strategies to drive sales in assigned sales region/accounts and effectively and strategically qualify and win opportunities.
- Deliver sales to meet or exceed annual quota within assigned geography.
- Working with Client Services counterparts, assume responsibility for the total customer relationship during the sales cycle.
- Effectively build relationships, collaborate and partner with a cross-functional Watson Health team to strategize and meet with prospective clients to understand business challenges and to deliver compelling presentations, solution demonstrations, proposals and orals that result in new business revenue.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical sales plans (in conjunction with sales leadership, capture, client services, and sales support groups) to identify and shape new opportunities.
- Effectively engage in complex negotiations with prospective clients, and with teaming partners around business commitments and the details of each proposal.
- Maintain regular contact with senior and executive-level decision makers – utilizing both on-site sales visits and remote communication for assigned prospects.
- Promote IBM thought leadership and represent Watson Health at industry conferences and meetings.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Sales experience managing complex clinical software solutions sales in a healthcare sales role with demonstrated record of exceeding business objectives and sales quota.
- Demonstrated experience selling to senior executive-level decision makers to influence them to position company solutions as the preferred solutions.
- Experience in Real-World Evidence and study design in a pharma setting is essential.
- Previous experience in Genomics and artificial intelligence sales in healthcare is highly advantageous.
- Develop, build, and maintain partnerships and maintain stakeholder relationships.
- Contribute to Watson health life sciences product co-development plans ensuring successful completion and aligned with Watson health innovation agenda.
- Experience developing calls plans and relationship maps to understand an organization’s power structure, individuals’ roles, influence, and relationship to Watson Health and ability to use the plans as a strategic and tactical tool to build pipeline and close deals.
- Ability to partner, collaborate and influence others in a highly matrixed organization on a cross-functional team to achieve goals.”
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated experience managing complex software-led solutions sales in a healthcare-related sales role with a demonstrated track record of
- exceeding business objectives and sales quota.
- Be a self-starter, independent worker
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Strong writer and oral communicator
- Strong Business Development history
– Willingness to travel (average 75% – more at times).
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.