We are looking for creative professionals who want to educate the creative strategic thinkers of the future! Are you curious about the world around you and how it relates to all forms of creativity
We are looking for creative professionals who want to educate the creative strategic thinkers of the future!
Are you curious about the world around you and how it relates to all forms of creativity and business? Are you passionate about creative business related topics such as design thinking, growth hacking and artificial intelligence? Then this Lecturer vacancy at the Creative Business programme might be just the right fit for you!
What do we offer you?
The Creative Business (CB) bachelor program is a true success story in international education. In only a few years we have doubled in student numbers and colleagues who all come from across the globe. You will have approximately 70 colleagues and we have a student population of approximately 1300. Our goal is to offer a state-of-the-art higher educational environment that prepares and inspires young people to deliver great work in jobs that may not exist yet.
- Apart from a very inspiring and multicultural work environment, we have a lot more to offer;
- A contract for 0.5 – 1.0 fte on a temporary contract for one year (D4); to be renewed for an indefinite period in case of positive assessment;
- The gross salary for a full-time position starts at € 3.658,64 with a maximum of €5.026,85 (scale 11);
- A health care contribution of € 300.00 gross per year in proportion to employment;
- In addition, according to the collective labor agreement for HBO, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8% and a guaranteed year-end bonus of 8.3%
- We have excellent study and development opportunities
- The possibility to have 428 holiday hours per year with a full-time employment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Obviously a smartphone and a laptop
- A voluntary collective health insurance and nice extras such as a bicycle plan and discounts on other insurance policies, software and fitness;
- And last but definitely not least you will join a team of Creative Strategists, Creative Directors, Media & Brand strategists, growth hackers, researchers and entrepreneurs who all work together on that one goal: to deliver innovative higher education.
We believe in innovation, and accomplish this through four pillars that structure our education:
- Creativity; as in Creative Strategic Thinking and problem solving
- Technology; because technology allows us to build completely new experiences
- Business; because great ideas will not work without business sense
- Humanities; because eventually everything we do, we do for real people.
Applied Research is the starting point of all these pillars. It is our aim to educate the Creative Strategic Thinkers of the future and we are looking for people with a vision on the Global Creative Business environment to help us with that!
What do you have to offer?
You are curious about the world around you and how it relates to all forms of creativity and business. You collaborate. You listen. You are open to new or additional learning experiences. You like to dig deeper and do research. You are current and relevant. You know what’s happening in the world and you are a sponge for knowledge. You have a passion for Creative Business related topics such as design thinking, creativity, digital media design, new forms of marketing, growth hacking, branding and technologies like blockchain or artificial intelligence. You appreciate life-long learning, for both your future students and yourself.
More specifically, this will mean that a successful candidate has experience with one or more of the following:
- At least a Master degree;
- Extensive (at least 5 years) experience in working in the creative industry, with in–house and remote creative teams. Knowledge of how to meet deadlines, preferably via Agile/iterative ways of working;
- Being competent and experienced in a culturally generic way, i.e. being good at dealing with differences. The ideal candidate has not just worked with people from Europe and North America but also from MENA regions, Asia (eg. China) and/or LATAM region;
- Substantial experience with design thinking and/or circular thinking;
- Experience with working in a fast–paced, deadline–driven environment and managing competing priorities;
- Knowledge of business and marketing/branding objectives and how they are translated into a dynamic customer experience in an integrated manner;
- Specifically we are looking for lecturers to teach courses about statistics, consumer behaviour, content creation and media. Experience in these areas are a plus.
Your English proficiency is excellent. The diversity of the CB team will be enriched by your own background, history or expertise. You are able and willing to teach both offline and online with the facilities provided by our university.
We are very curious to learn about your vision on Creative Business. Feel free to elaborate on this in your motivation letter.
Why would you work at the HU?
Our CB program has doubled in numbers and is still expanding. Since this is one of three English taught programs at the HU, this is an unique place to work. Our team is very ambitious and comes from all over the world, which makes this work environment really interesting. Creative Business aims to educate the Creative Strategic Thinkers of the future, which brings its own unique culture and vibe. Do you know what our staff has to say? Have a look at our Instagram page here.
You can apply for this job only online until 25 January. The interviews will take place in the week of the 31 January. Please note that the interviews will be in English. If we receive a lot of applications we may close the vacancy earlier than 25 January. If you require additional information about this vacancy, please contact Richard Versmissen, Programme Director CB (Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org). If you wish to know more about the application procedure, please contact Eva Kamers, email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
A reference check, a digital screening for diploma and ID and the application for a VOG will take place at the end of the procedure.
Based on the belief that diversity contributes to our teaching and research, candidates with different backgrounds, experiences and limitations are strongly invited to apply.
Acquisition by third parties is not appreciated.
Open communication both internally and with our surrounding environment is what makes the HU a transparent organisation. At the HU, our management philosophy is based on working in teams. Sharing knowledge and doing exactly what we promise to do, inside and outside the HU, is the foundation for cooperation. This means we acknowledge, use, share and enhance each other’s competencies and expertise consistently, so all of us are able to get as much out of it as we can. The Utrecht University of Applied Sciences is a knowledge organisation. Through high standard education and research, we work on the innovation and professionalisation of professional practice and the personal development of talent. This is our way to contribute to the social, cultural and economic development of an open, fair and sustainable society. The HU educates motivated students ranging from 17 until 67 years old. Not only new people on the labour market but also those who are already working and wish to update, extend or deepen their knowledge and skills come to the HU for education. There is a high demand in society for professionals who keep on developing their skills. The HU has a large variety of different Study Programmes which cover almost all (professional) sectors and we are one of the major providers of master courses and advanced courses for people with a higher education.
We are a large organisation with approximately 3500 employees where humans are still in the centre of the attention. The HU has locations is Utrecht and Amersfoort. The Remedial Education Seminary organises its regional activities through local offices.