Our Purpose We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, pa
for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead, Software Engineering, Crypto Data-1
CipherTrace is a rapidly growing leader in cryptocurrency intelligence and compliance. Our team has introduced novel solutions to challenges including sanctions compliance for DeFi and the Crypto Travel Rule. Our mission is to grow the blockchain economy by making crypto safe for users and trusted by governments. CipherTrace operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, VASPs and businesses in preventing fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
Location: Remote, Dublin, Ireland or South San Francisco Bay, California
The CipherTrace Engineering Manager will:
- Build the next generation cryptocurrency tools, law enforcement tools and DeFi platforms.
- Build a collaborative, nimble, happy and successful team.
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit the team and the product stage.
- Discuss architecture and product decisions with engineers.
- Co-design software with product managers, designers, front-end, back-end, and QA engineers.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
- 5+ years building enterprise applications and 2+ years in a technical leadership role.
- Collaborate with various functions, drive engineering initiatives.
- Conduct code reviews, review bugs, and make technical contributions to product architecture.
- You have experience working with modern frontend frameworks (eg. React, Angular).
- Knowledge and experience designing and developing back-end features using Python, SQL/noSQL, PostgreSQL, NodeJS, Restful APIs, Pub/Sub, Redis, Kafka.
- You have experience shipping web applications and you are up to date on the current state of the development ecosystem.
- Experience with remote teams and startup environments.
Nice to have
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience in blockchain technologies, DeFi, law enforcement software, or cryptocurrencies.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, bonuses, medical, dental and vision – which cover domestic partners as well – plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K matching plan.
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.