Company Description TIDAL is a global music streaming company with a mission to provide financial empowerment to artists around the world. The settlement team is in the center of this initiative as
TIDAL is a global music streaming company with a mission to provide financial empowerment to artists around the world. The settlement team is in the center of this initiative as we calculate and settle royalties to artists around the globe. The team works with the latest tech to provide industry defining payouts such as the recently launched User Centric Model. We work with our counterparts in New York and San Francisco with the tech team sitting in Oslo/Europe.
As a Technical Lead, you ill join our Nexus Settlement team in Oslo. We make use of Amazon WebServices (AWS) such as Athena, Glue, DynamoDB and S3, RDS. Our team uses Java including frameworks like Apache Spark for ETL running on Databricks, Spring Boot for the RESTful API (Docker) and React for GUI development. We always evaluate the latest technologies and we have the freedom to choose the right technology to solve the task.
- Lead and promote cooperation with other teams and departments when needed
- Advocate and implement improvements to the software development process and be an advocate for excellent coding standards and reviews
- Help build a great team
- Use your experience in software development and technical leadership to coach teammates on best practices, technology and architecture decisions
- You will lead a development team of 5 – 8 developers, be a great team player, be enthusiastic, and take part in the sharing culture in the team.
At least 5 years of experience as a Java developer, with a few years experience as tech lead and you are eager to work with the latest big data technologies with ambition to go full stack.
- Experience building RESTful APIS using Spring Boot and Java
- Experience with big data platforms and building ETL pipelines with Spark
- Professional knowledge of SQL.
- Experience working with cross functional teams.
- Some experience with UI development with React
- An advantage if you also know Spark, Databricks, Spring boot, React or Angular
What we offer:
- Great compensation package including stocks in Block (Square), learning opportunities and a dedicated learning budget, deep work weeks ever quarter to focus, and several other perks.
- Technology: You will work in a tech-oriented environment with a team of experienced developers who are passionate about technology
- Diverse team: Our strength is diversity, and we are proud to say that we represent more than 30 different nationalities.
- Stay energized: We provide snacks, fruit, and food at the office.
- Share ideas: TIDAL tech talks and Show and Tell sessions in-house.
- Social: We host intimate concerts in the office, and we have a summer/ Christmas party. We also have a microbrewery team that serves end- of-month beer at the office.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.