ARQUIMEA Research Center ( ARC ) is a private R&D center which relies on a product-oriented strategy, market diversification and internationalization to achieve a sustainable growth with the calling o
ARQUIMEA Research Center(ARC) is a private R&D center which relies on a product-oriented strategy, market diversification and internationalization to achieve a sustainable growth with the calling of developing ideas and getting involved in projects with a high impact in society.
We have as much passions as technologies we develop. But there is only one that we enjoy more than the rest: passion for people. We are a team of specialists and researchers pursuing the highest exponent of technology and science.
- Our search is to find new projects that stimulate our day-to-day.
- Our challenge is to attract talent that shares our worldview.
At ARC we research in fields like sensors, robotics or drones, cybersecurity, digital manufacturing, biotechnology, artificial intelligence, quantum computing, nanotechnology and blockchain.
We like to surround ourselves with digital nomads to assemble solid teams, specialized in each of our technologies. We trust people as much as we trust progress if it is accompanied by skills and attitude. Furthermore, our center is located in Canary Islands (Tenerife), where is impossible to have a negative attitude. We have soft weather, ocean and so much technology.
We like to think of talent as a five-pointed star that brings light and value to the center and we want bold, creative, proactive, efficient and humble people in our team.
So, if you match these values, you can keep reading. We are hiring a Lead Scientist Chemistry
IMPORTANT. Please, only apply if you have a valid working visa for Spain, and you are willing to move to Tenerife (Canary Islands, SPAIN).
Tasks to be performed:
- Your work as Senior Researcher divides at high level into two main activities:
- Scout new project ideas within your specialization area and adjacent areas.
- Identify state-of-the-art technologies with high potential of disruption in future markets and global challenges.
- Contact and coordinate potential collaborators (Research Centers and Universities) for specific knowledge required for our projects.
- Coordination, mentor, and attraction of internal teams to set up high-impact projects in your area.
- Technical lead of High Impact Research Projects.
- Coordination of small internal teams (3-9) and external collaborators (Universities and Research Centers) to accomplish specific short-term (1 year) research objectives aligned with medium and long-term goals within a research line.
- Lead projects where the technology has a low maturity and high uncertainty, implementing use cases or technological demonstrators able to validate and quantify the potential of these technologies.
- Plan and execute tasks in collaboration with the team to ensure project objectives are met.
- Ensure complete and proper documentation in your projects.
- Experience in tasks related to new projects proposals, including planning, task estimation, peer review, and writing.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- High level of
- Proactivity. We expect you to be a key part of the growth of the R&D in your area and the growth of the whole Arquimea Group.
- Boldness. We need visionary people able to ideate and implement disruptive projects within their fields. We only develop high-impact projects, assuming high risks project if the future impact could be high enough.
- Creativity. In the pursuit of high-impact and differential projects, we need creative people to think out-of-the-box and look for multidisciplinary solutions.
- Efficiency. The implementation of high-impact technologies needs highly focused and efficient technical leaders to establish this vision in their teams.
- Humble. At Arquimea Research Center, we are always looking for continuous improvement. We need to always keep learning and scout best practices from the best Research Centers and Technological Companies worldwide. Stay humble as a path for excellence.
Required skills, experience and candidate profile:
- PhD in Chemistry / Biochemistry .
- At least 4 years of Postdoc experience.
- Excellent research CV (publications, projects, patents…).
- Open minded and ready to be challenged with multi-disciplinary R&D projects.
- Proficient in English.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Candidate must have geographic mobility.
- Entrepreneurship experience .
- Experience working in a startup.