Lead QA Automation Engineer
Who We Are: Our mission is to provide certainty to the world's information. Founded in 2019, Horizen Labs is a crypto-first developer that builds blockchain products and tools at the heart of th
Who We Are:
Our mission is to provide certainty to the world’s information. Founded in 2019, Horizen Labs is a crypto-first developer that builds blockchain products and tools at the heart of the decentralization revolution. We are world leaders in zero knowledge cryptography and key web 3.0 tools that enable programmable blockchains that are secure, scalable and privacy preserving.
Our company is creating a culture of empowered individuals, who aren’t afraid to bring their ideas to life. We are looking for creative individuals to join our team of the best and brightest minds in the blockchain space. You will experience the exhilaration of joining a fast growing and innovation focused company with support from some of the industry’s top thought leaders, including Digital Currency Group, Kenetic Capital, Sound Ventures, and Liberty City Ventures.
We believe diversity drives the innovation and engagement necessary to build a truly remarkable product. We operate on a hybrid model with a distributed global workforce who works in partnership with our satellite offices in New York City, NY, Milan, Italy, and the latest opening now in Odessa, Ukraine. This allows us the flexibility to go to where the talent is. Are you ready to help us change the future with the next cutting edge blockchain technology? Join us!
Building and operating a premier open-source blockchain requires a different approach from closed-source commercial software. It is essential to adhere to high-quality coding standards while producing top-notch, comprehensive automated tests. Furthermore, backward compatibility with previous versions is critical. Extreme care must be taken to reduce the presence of bugs (and/or undefined behaviors) when implementing solutions. As a result, it is necessary to have a very structured test automation process. We are looking for a Lead QA engineer who likes to break things, experiment, and have a direct impact on the quality of our products. In addition to streamlining the quality assurance process and infrastructure, you will have an opportunity to build your testing dream team and spearhead the overall strategic direction of test automation. Working closely with the software engineers and product managers in an agile way, your work will be pivotal to our continuous integration and continuous deployment process. By creating thorough test flows and scenarios, you will directly contribute to the non-stop improvement of the product testing process. With new automation tools, you will identify weak spots while constantly designing better ways to break our software. In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in multiple global locations.
What You’ll Own
- Directly influence and participate in the growth of technologically innovative web3 projects that will change the world.
- Lead engineering efforts from planning, execution, and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing, with the support of automation tools.
- Develop scalable and reliable automated tests for software and feature quality at both system and user level.
- Design, create, modify and execute test strategies/plans and drive to improve software testing processes and methodologies.
- Optimize and maintain team-oriented tools and tests to increase developer productivity.
- Opportunity to build and lead a team
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in building test automation solutions, scaling automated internal frameworks, and/or improving the effectiveness of test automation
- Develop test strategies, plans, and automation test data
- Continuously improve automated tests as new system features are introduced
- Execute automated tests and manage the resulting defect log
- Ensure the appropriate test environments and infrastructure are in place and up to date
- Ability to lead testing activities and engagement with cross-functional teams to shape design and project direction
- Experience programming in one of the following: Python, Java and/or C++
- Experience in technical leadership and/or people management
- Identify, record and track bugs in a systematic and scalable way
- Familiarity with bug/task tracking (JIRA) and version control system (GitHub)
- Hands-on experience with blockchain, crypto wallets, fungible tokens, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), Metaverses, DAOs (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations)
- Experience with development teams using the TDD methodology
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range for this position is USD $120,000.00 to USD $180,000.00. Our salary ranges are determined by numerous factors, including, but not limited to, role, level, experience, and location. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position
Horizen Labs is an equal opportunity employer
Horizen Labs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.