11:FS is on a mission to change the fabric of financial services. Our Consulting & Research practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Pulse team create
Purpose of Role:
What you’ll be doing:
- Work in a small highly skilled team of researchers, strategists, product managers and clients, to create and develop world-class digital financial propositions and get them to market.
- Set out a clear vision for how retail and commercial payments will evolve in the future.
- Support the strategy, design, development and delivery of new payment systems (e.g. cryptocurrency, real-time payments, open banking payments).
- Develop detailed use cases and business models for new payment systems.
- Build a detailed understanding of the payments needs of different customer groups and industry sectors.
- Build and share a deep understanding of all the factors that enable a Fintech hub to grow and thrive: geography, history, politics, universities, skills, immigration, economics, capital, regulation, marketing.
- Advise clients in a wide variety of roles on how to create thriving digital financial services ecosystems, encompassing regulation, capital provision, trade incentives, culture, talent and skills.
- Work with senior executives from our client organisations to quantify market opportunities and validate business cases.
As a Lead Strategist, you will need:
- Passion and curiosity about fintech and the future of financial services. Strong opinions and growing expertise about the future of financial services in general and payments in particular.
- Deep experience in the design, delivery and operation of retail and commercial payment systems. Detailed knowledge of blockchain / distributed ledger and digital currencies would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the payments landscape, innovation and regulation in different markets (e.g. East Asia, Middle East, North America) and a clear understanding of the economics of payment systems and how different participants make money.
- At least five years demonstrable experience in payments strategy and analysis, working for or with banks, card networks, payment processors or other payment companies.
- A willingness and ability to travel and work on location in other countries for up to 50% of the time (when it is safe to do so).
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- To be solutions orientated with a problem-solving energy.
- A positive attitude and outlook.
- Enthusiasm for working in diverse teams.