You want your work to have an impact. Real impact. Ever thought about where most CO2 emissions come from? It's not planes. It's not Bitcoin, either. It's buildings. So why not join a company that alre
You want your work to have an impact. Real impact. Ever thought about where most CO2 emissions come from? It’s not planes. It’s not Bitcoin, either. It’s buildings. So why not join a company that already measures energy in 5 million households? And help transform that data into actionable insights?
Working at ista is all about rethinking the use of energy and resources. For today. For tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. We provide smart solutions for a sustainable future, make complex data more transparent and have the courage to flip the switch to change. In our company with its family-like corporate culture and strong values, our 5700 colleagues in 22 countries make switching to smart devices and digital services in the real estate sector easy. As one of the market leaders, we offer the benefits and reliability of a large corporation combined with the open-minded atmosphere of a modern tech company.
At ista, your ideas can make a real difference. Apply now and join us at our international head office in Essen or in our office in Berlin as:
Lead Developer / Senior Software Engineer – Energy Saving Solutions (*)
You will be a member of our “I optimize my consumption” squad, within the Property Managers Tribe of our Agile at Scale organization.
As Lead Developer for our Energy Saving Solutions, you are responsible to build, mentor, and grow a team of developers for one of our most important products. You and your team are responsible for the successful delivery of the product, and you go out of your way to ensure it meets the highest security and quality standards. As a lead developer, you provide technical guidance and support to ensure the team is able to meet its goals.
- 5+ years of experience in managing professional IT projects with strong communication skills
- Experience in best practice development and architecture patterns such as clean coding, modular design, and continuous integration/delivery
- Hands-on experience in professional Java development (Spring Boot), Angular experience as a plus
- Experience in the administration of larger (Linux) infrastructure landscapes and networking incl. cloud know-how, preferably Azure
- Independent and organized working habits
- Fluent in English. German is a plus!
- A modern workplace, either in our new offices at Berlin’s Rosenthaler Platz or in our headquarters in Essen
- Look forward to an attractive salary including vacation pay, 30 days of vacation per year, flexible working hours as well as the opportunity to work remotely
- Stay curious and develop yourself further: Standing still is not an option for us, which is why we support you in every aspect of your journey – take advantage of our innovative training program, for example with courses from the online universities Udacity and Coursera. Lots of learning opportunities are waiting for you!
- Do the right thing with purpose and a future: Our services save CO₂ and protect the environment – we are working for a sustainable world of tomorrow!
- Experience a working environment full of trust: We all pull together
- Have fun in a motivated team: Whether self-organized as well as cross-team coding dojos and hackathons, international soccer cup or ice cream for everyone in the summer – we always come up with something new!
- Diversity, flexibility, fun at work and a great team spirit make our team special
- We work in a dynamic environment according to agile methods
- You can expect an open culture with a lot of room for new ideas and impulses
- We hold great importance to direct communication and fair cooperation
We look forward to receiving your application online. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Luxemburger Straße 1
Tel. +49 (0)201 459-5913
- This job ad is addressed to potential new colleagues whether they are female, male or diverse. At ista we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. We welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.