Job Overview A Lead Designer is required to join the mission in creating rich gaming worlds and captivating player experiences that are based on blockchain technology. My client intends to combine t
A Lead Designer is required to join the mission in creating rich gaming worlds and captivating player experiences that are based on blockchain technology. My client intends to combine the best video games have to offer with the exciting opportunities that blockchain offers to players, defining what blockchain gaming means to their players whilst intending to bring their heritage in animation, games development, film production, art and storytelling to bear.
The main aim is to produce and market the best games in this space. Their games will be an adventure: both to make and to experience. Every member of the team must be curious: to try new things, to experiment and to seek out fresh ideas and ways of solving challenges that bring to life their collective ideas.
About You (Lead Designer)
We are looking for an individual who is keen to help build a strong, fast-paced and agile team to create their very first block chain game. If you are a strong creative leader who is driven with great communication skills, strong problem solving, thrive on teamwork, value open and honest feedback and have a growth mindset, then you are likely a strong fit!
- Deep experience of MMO RPG game design principles – from social engagement, economics, user journey analysis and story-telling
- An interest and enthusiasm for crypto and blockchain technology Metaverse & Blockchain Gaming
- A proven track record in a creative leadership role to enable you to mentor, direct and advise the team at all levels and disciplines
- Ability to think quickly and help the production management team to solve problems
- Helping the business grow through the success of its games and other projects.
Please note, if you don’t meet all of these requirements, but feel strongly about this role, we’d still like to hear from you.
You will report into the Creative Director and will help build a diverse and talented team to deliver the game. You will be working with artists, programmers and production to deliver on the vision provided by the Creative Director and Executive Producer. You will be working in Unreal and interfacing and you will be responsible for the delivery of the player experience across client and other media.
Day to day will be different, but you will be;
- Building and crafting engaging experience using Unreal tools
- Draft prototyping of game mechanics/ideas
- Understand the user journey design and analysis and user interface design
- Ensure overall quality of the games developed and offer concise/constructive feedback to colleagues.
- Work to clear and defined milestones and flag up any issues to the production/management team.
- Source suitable reference materials and research to support briefs provided, including competitive analysis of other games Metaverse & Blockchain Gaming
- Research new software and industry techniques and share with the studio teams
- Experience with Unreal tools and workflows