Lead Cloud Solution Architect
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your uni
Disruption is changing the way the world works. It’s happening quickly. And it’s creating opportunity, if you can keep up and even get ahead of it. That’s why we’ve established a dedicated Global Innovation team focused on understanding external forces changing our world and how to do things differently in 6 months, 3 years, 10 years and beyond.
In this shifting landscape, we are challenging ourselves to embrace disruption and think differently for our clients. How? By combining the experience of our global Tax, Accounting, Advisory and Transactions professionals (the “suits”) with start-up thinking (the “jeans”). This “suits+jeans” approach applies an entirely new mindset for today’s challenges.
Our global network of EY teams and innovation centers are creating powerful ideas for organizations and ourselves, especially around opportunities coming from artificial intelligence, blockchain, robotics and data and analytics.
You will be a part of the Global Innovation Blockchain team, an innovative and collaborative group of technical developers, cryptographers, mathematicians and business strategists who are dedicated to the application of blockchain technology and the development of world-class products. At EY, you will help our clients, some of the most influential companies, explore emergent applications and transform the way the world does business.
Your key responsibilities
- Directly reporting to CTO
- Leveraging deep understanding and adoption of Agile software delivery techniques and technologies including Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure in Cloud
- Managing and leading global cloud and infrastructure team
- Ensuring organization’s IT strategy is aligned with its business goals
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers Keep up to date on emerging capabilities in open-source area and identify where and how new capabilities can be applied
- Responsible for continuous process improvement, the identification of innovative solutions through reserach and analysis, insight and experience of best practices
- Manage professional employees or supervise others to deliver complex technical initiatives, with accountability for performance and results
- Applies depth of expertise to guide others and interprets internal / external issues to recommend quality solutions.
- Provides technical expertise to maximize value from new and existing IT products and solutions in cloud, multi-cloud, hybrid cloud solutions
- Guides others in resolving sophisticated issues in cloud architecture and solves sophisticated, escalated aspects of a architecture
- Provides coaching, mentoring and support to development teams during integration of components and services across the eco-system, frameworks and platforms
- Actively participate in pre-sales activity, design technical solution, estimate cost, propose strategy, gather NFR. Document and describe architecture
Skills and attributes for success
- Advanced understanding of cloud architecture.
- Ability to communicate solutions, ideas, suggestions to business partners effectively and comprehensibly
- Ability to adopt and relate new technologies to the set of problems while adhering to security and other standards
- Contribute to EY’s internal knowledge base on best practices in this full technology area.
- Completion of assigned tasks on time and regular status reporting to the lead
- Keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize problems, analyse and resolve issues.
- Manage the team members by ensuring that the tasks are completed on time
To qualify for the role you must have and showcase experience / knowledge
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- 10+ years applied experience in IT with at least 5 years of cloud and infrastructure team leadership in a global team
- Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Proven hands-on experience on end-to-end implementation (design, development, and delivery) of multi-tenant and multi-cloud enterprise scale SaaS solutions.
- Experience in IAC with Terraform and/or Ansible
- Proven design, configuration and implementation experience on tenant isolation strategy based on one of pool, silo and bridge SaaS storage partitioning models
- Experienced on billing and metering report implementation per tenant
- Advanced Infrastructure monitoring and alerting mechanism implementation experience
- Hands-on experience on Kubernetes and Istio
- Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability, other “capabilities” of a system
- Ability to facilitate design discussions and communicate architectural decision
- Technical knowledge of security best practices across a variety of cloud and on-prem use cases and architectures
Nice to have
- Deep knowledge on technical architecture spanning across all aspects of each system and how it can be applied in a business context
- Good understanding of the latest cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options
- Designing, building and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms is huge plus
- Service Mesh and Serverless architecture implementation experience
- Experience on designing, developing and releasing SaaS applications to Azure Marketplace is big plus
- Experience on advanced authentication, authorization and identity implementations on Azure
- Experience in React, Nodejs, Java Script
- Azure DevOps Engineer Expert certification
- TOGAF knowledge is plus
What we look for
We’re interested in self-motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. Someone who can easily function in a collaborative, high demand, performance-driven environment. In addition we’re looking for people who recognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual and are sought after as people developers. If you’re passionate about problem-solving and helping our clients’ with some of their most complex issues, this role is for you.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.