We are looking for a talented and highly motivated senior Blockchain developer for a full-time/part-time position. The first project consists in developing an E-voting algorithm for a Swiss municipali
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated senior Blockchain developer for a full-time/part-time position. The first project consists in developing an E-voting algorithm for a Swiss municipality to validate a blockchain-based decentralized system for popular votes.
This highly dynamic job requires wearing numerous hats, interacting with different experts, and applying technical skills to solve daily problems. This position is especially well suited for candidate with an engineering/geeky background, who enjoys variety in daily work, and wishes to expand overall IT technical competencies.
Mentoring and leading a team of developers, bringing them up to speed on new languages and skills required for the aforementioned project.
The candidate shall combine his expertise with excellent communication skills and team- oriented focus to ensure a fruitful interaction between product owners, consultants and different stakeholders.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Core blockchain concepts. The Blockchain ecosystem is maturing and rapidly evolving. If you are not yet fully immersed in the technology, you should be willing to dive deep down the technology.
- Architecture. You are comfortable working with a team to craft a design: choosing the appropriate technology and designing a solution that both answers the problem at hand, and stays within constraints.
- Agile. You believe strongly in agile delivery practices and should be very comfortable working with a SCRUM team, Lean and Continuous Delivery practices – and love it as much as we do.
- 2 years of experience in a similar position would be a definite advantage.
- Mentoring a team and providing them the right sources (MOOC courses, code examples, documentations) to bring them up to speed on new languages and skills. We all learn from each other, but with the breadth of technical experience you’ll bring to the table, you’ll be an invaluable teacher to your less-experienced peers.
- Startup mentality enterprise awareness. You can manage competing priorities, you’re ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly.
- Enterprise awareness. You understand the role you and your team play in major organizations’ tech strategies. Influencing priorities, for both the team and the client. You understand both the business problem and the technical solution, and you’re able to advocate for excellence and effect change when necessary.
- Communication. As consultants, we navigate within our client’s organizations to influence big decision makers and win trust. In this job, you’ll be using your people skills as much as your coding skills. Being attentive to details, open minded and result oriented helps you manage client expectations and to ensure the team meets deadlines is critical.
Fluency in English is mandatory. An additional language is preferred. Home office and remote team management may be required.
Are you interested?
We are looking forward to receiving your application. If you are a fast learner and you wish to be part of exciting challenges arisen by the building and the maintenance of a high performance data center, please send your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com along with the reference number JMP1S1.