You constantly look for and tinker with technologies that can improve current processes and business models (bonus points for Web3 or blockchain experience)....
Why work with us
Boson Protocol is advancing the world of commerce by enabling enterprises, organisations, and customers to bridge the divide between digital decentralized technologies and the transfer and trade of physical goods.
Our vision is for Boson to become the basic plumbing for dCommerce and its data on the emerging decentralized web, where the value captured is distributed equitably between token holders and protected from capture by a single centralized entity. Read more about us here: https://bosonprotocol.io/
If you are passionate about revolutionizing the way commerce works by bridging the gap between blockchain technology and real world asset transfers, we hope you apply to join us!
In this role you will help design a stack of applications for decentralised commerce (dCommerce) around Boson Protocol.
You will create new dCommerce components and end-to-end services by leveraging your experience in designing eCommerce platforms and technology. You have a broad technology experience, and adopt new tools and technologies as they emerge. You understand existing eCommerce platforms and ecosystems, and best practices for their end-to-end architecture. Ideally, you have built some of them.
You will work with a team of Web3 and eCommerce product, technology and operations experts to design end-to-end architecture and processes, augment them using Web3 tools, and support engineering work to deliver the technology as needed.
You will mix a strategic top-down approach to architecture and process, with a hands-on approach to technology selection and development.
What you will do:
- Leverage eCommerce experience to design and develop a stack of decentralised applications for commerce
- Identify gaps in dCommerce service capability and identify options to resolve them, advise on risks, cost vs benefit, and impact to other business processes and priorities
- Collaborate with Web3 experts to apply Web3 principles for architectural design and integration with external systems
- Collaborate with the product and operations experts to define requirements and the technology strategy that supports them
- Develop prototypes, designs and architecture, and support engineering teams as needed
- Roll up your sleeves and write code when needed
For this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Comprehensive knowledge of eCommerce platform services and processes
- Experience of architectural delivery on eCommerce platforms, either as a lead architect or CTO
- You constantly look for and tinker with technologies that can improve current processes and business models (bonus points for Web3 or blockchain experience)
- You use your learnings to develop prototypes, architecture, and other collateral for engineering teams
- You possess technical and business acumen to define the big-picture vision and understand how the parts relate
- You have proven experience of working with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You are a self-starter, and you take pride in your integrity and work ethic
- You are a skilled communicator, able to convey complex concepts to different audiences
- You have a strong technical network and can leverage it to help build the dCommerce stack
- You have a passion for changing the world for the better
- You have worked in startups before, and you are comfortable with ambiguity and remote work
What we offer you:
- Flexible, remote work with a high degree of autonomy in a dynamic, fast growth startup
- An opportunity to leverage bleeding edge technology and industry-leading development practices
- Close collaboration with leading projects in the space, e.g. immediate deep dive into Ocean Protocol integration
- A highly competitive salary and other potential arrangements. Details depend on ability and experience. Come and talk to us.
Some of our guiding principles
- Dream Big: We want to build technology that can outlast the founders and reshape commerce and society at large
- Self-Mastery: Mindful conduct and always on learning are critical components of personal and collective growth
- Collaboration: Expertise is key, but sharing knowledge and building together with joy is the foundation of truly remarkable work
- Stay lean: Our ethos is to create and share value equitably, with minimal value extraction.