Introduction If you want to work for a company that provides its team of carefully selected lawyers a high degree of independence, while offering constant exchange & interaction and an open doors
If you want to work for a company that provides its team of carefully selected lawyers a high degree of independence, while offering constant exchange & interaction and an open doors policy with an experienced legal team and the rare opportunity to combine meaningful legal work with work-life balance and flexibility, and a working culture that values results, then this is the position for you.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking for an Attorney/General Lawyer to mainly provide legal support to Dublin Research Lab (including Horizon Europe projects). As a General Lawyer for IBM you will also support IBM’s contract engagements in the commercial and public sectors (Procurement, NDAs, client contracts) and provide general legal advice on various matters (HR, Data Privacy) for the relevant Market in Europe and Trust and Compliance matters (anti-bribery, FCPA and other anticorruption laws).
Key responsibilities include:
- Negotiating, drafting and advising upon a variety of commercial arrangements, including Horizon Europe project consortium agreements and grant agreements, research related joint development agreements, master services agreements, framework agreements, agreements for the supply and support of hardware and software, cloud agreements, non-disclosure agreements as well as having or being able to build expertise in key subject areas such as cyber security, data privacy, intellectual property.
- Supporting key legal projects as required from time to time.
- Supporting internal clients, negotiating with customers and suppliers and providing general legal advice.
- Comprehensive legal support of transactions and projects with significantly high volume, professional, fast-paced and accurate legal advice with an eye for the essentials in an international environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good knowledge of contract law and experience negotiating contracts with clients and vendors, including with outside counsels representing them.
- 2-4 years of legal experience in private practice or in-house.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple requests and good time management skills.
- Team player and fast learner.
- Fluent in English and Polish.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Poland Bar Trainee or Qualified Attorney
- Knowledge of additional EU languages, in particular Slavic languages, preferred.
- Work experience in IT/technology sector.
- Experience with supporting R&D.
About Business Unit
The successful candidate will join the IBM Law Department as part of an international team located in Dublin, Ireland, and applicants based elsewhere will be required to relocate. The team advises on a range of legal matters (including Procurement, NDAs, HR, Data Privacy, transactional support and negotiations) and Trust and Compliance matters (reviews relating to compliance with FCPA and other applicable anticorruption laws) across geographies.
Your Life @ IBM
Joining IBM Law Department may open up career opportunities in a wide range of disciplines. To ensure your success, IBM will contribute to your skills development. You will join a company with a powerful reputation for success, which is focused on innovation, growth and new technologies. We strive to continually lead with our values and beliefs that enable IBMers to develop their potential, and engage in the inclusive work environment.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.