The financial services industry is currently undergoing a period of unparalleled change. Since the financial crisis, banks and financial institutions have been subjected to more stringent regulations,
The financial services industry is currently undergoing a period of unparalleled change. Since the financial crisis, banks and financial institutions have been subjected to more stringent regulations, increased supervision and overall global economic instability. These changes have not come without a cost and has made these institutions re-evaluate the way they have been doing business traditionally. Moreover, the proliferation of technological advances including disruptive technologies and digital are compounding the pressures of maintaining market edge, being adaptable and increasing profit margins.
EY is now investing in a new FinTech innovation lab focused on working with innovative start-ups fintech companies at different stages to refine and test their value proposition with the support of the world’s leading financial service firms. gain valuable insights into financial services industry and develop strong relationships with senior industry executives to take your business to the next level
For entrepreneurs developing potentially game-changing technologies for financial services—particularly in the areas of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, cryptography, security, data and analytics, EY Lab offers access to the Fintech ecosystem which comprises of user bankers, financial institutions, mentors, investors and a platform to support Go To Market strategy
By joining the EY lab technology innovation team, you will be helping our clients solve a whole range of challenges – from the requirement to respond to the ever-changing demands of the market, to participating in innovative and complex programmes that truly transform our clients ways of working, As part of this growing team, you will also get to help shape the innovative culture that makes EY such a great place to work.
If you have a keen interest in Technology Enabled Change, as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then EY Lab could be exactly the right place for you and your next career move.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of IT Projects as a technical analyst through methodologies such as Agile Scrum/Kanban and traditional Waterfall (when required), leveraging your domain knowledge and sector experience
- Participate in presentations and proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects
- You will facilitate the flow of business and technical stories across SMEs, developers and other team members, whilst maintaining an end-to-end view of the target architecture and driving the right outcomes in a planned, incremental and iterative fashion
- You will plan, coordinate, analyse, design, document and implement PoCs and software components to meet current and future user needs
- Work with the Product Owner and Scrum Master to maintain the product backlog, providing assistance in adding, removing, estimating and prioritising work.
- Manage the flow of user stories from the product backlog to the planning meetings, providing a joined-up overall view of the solution requirements at a detailed level.
- Help specify acceptance criteria and facilitate the translation of those criteria into test cases with the project team
- Prepare and co-ordinate the required materials to facilitate successful backlog prioritisation and planning meetings
- Provide leadership to project teams in identifying root cause of issues and directing troubleshooting efforts
- Write product architecture and engagement documentation, review with SMEs from internal and client teams in order to get acceptance and sign-off
- Orchestrate overall technical activities including design reviews and defect resolution across project team
- Work with external parties (vendors, partners) as part of engagement delivery
- Support or deputise for the Agile Project Manager/ Scrum Master on setting up and running retrospectives, sprint reviews or sprint planning sessions as well as hosting daily stand-ups and shielding the team from interruptions during Sprints
- Create high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients.
- You’ll be responsible for contributing to proposals and client presentations for complex IT delivery projects that require disciplined project management expertise.
- Be responsible for your own self-development, and maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Actively contribute to EY’s Agile Community of practice
- Understand all our consulting service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients and be able to build meaningful external relationships with our clients and internal relationships across service lines.
- Drawing on your skills and experience, you’ll create innovative insights for clients looking to adopt Agile as a means of project delivery
- To lead Technology Consulting engagements and support in managing team performance and commercials including conducting performance reviews and contributing to performance feedback for more junior level staff and managing engagement billings, and estimates to complete
- Develop team members through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
Skills and attributes for success
To do this role effectively, we are looking for people with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in a business or IT related discipline, from a recognised third level institution
- Additional professional qualifications, such as Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner and SAFe or Diploma Level in Agile Project Management or similar discipline from a recognised third level institution or accreditation body
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a client facing role for a leading consulting or professional services company in delivery of large-scale complex change/transformation programmes or systems integration programmes or at least 7 years’ experience working for a leading company, in delivery of large-scale complex change/transformation programmes or systems integration programmes
- Experience in Financial Services
- Experience of one or more technology areas including but not limited to, CX, Cloud Migration and/or integrations, Data & Analytics, RPA, Emerging Tech, IoT, Blockchain
- Hands-on experience in Scrum acting in a Scrum Master role and working with Agile methods for software delivery e.g. Scrum, SAFE, Kanban, Lean, TDD and CI/CD.
- Proven skills in effectively coaching, mentoring and motivating a cross functional Agile team (consisting of PO, Developers and QA) to improve the pace and evolve delivery practices
- A proven ability to manage and deliver on software projects in a fast-paced environment
- Have structured approach to problem solving and be a self-starter with the ability to work independently managing your own workload with an attention to detail
- Be able to manage different stakeholders across the project you work on
- Have a proven ability to be able to take a ‘big picture’ delivery and project management view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of contract types and engagement approaches
- Experience of working in a matrix managed organisation
- Excellent communication skills – tailoring communications to suit a mix of audiences and ability to translate strategy into measurable business benefits
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in JIRA, Confluence & SVN (or similar)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator and a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion for technology and making things happen in a dynamic organisation. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!