Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role you support our client in the pharma industry on their digital transformation journey with increasing roll out of digital products. The programme has started to enable our client be successful on this journey. The vision is to create a solution that will provide options to customer to run their workloads on physical hardware, private clouds (vSphere, OpenStack…) and local regional cloud contracts.
The solutions will be managed by a regional cloud orchestration with the right support model and regional specificities while sharing one single code base.
It is a cutting edge technology programme.
- Develop automation and tooling around operations of large amount of edge-clusters
- Do research and propose designs for further platform improvements.
- drive the implementation.
- Identify and fix existing technical debt
- Align the team towards a desirable future vision for the platform
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years experience on large-scale production Kubernetes cluster deployment and
- 5+ years of experience in software development (Python/Go preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with public cloud providers (preferably AWS/Alicloud)• In-depth understanding of inner Kubernetes workings (networking and storage stack,
- pod scheduling, …)
- In-depth understanding of the Linux operating system and how it interacts with
- container runtimes
- Knowledge of GitOps Principles and Tooling (FluxCD, Terraform)
- Knowledge of Kustomize/Helm
- Knowledge of Vault
- Knowledge of DevSecOps best-practices and continuous integration
- Knowledge of the Rancher ecosystem preferred
- Very good interpersonal skills, Team Player
- Very good communication skills in English and preferably German (written and spoken)
- Swiss nationality or valid Swiss work permit / EU passport
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.