About Kraken As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
In February 2019, Kraken completed the acquisition of Crypto Facilities, allowing Kraken to offer a world-leading, cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform to its clients. A pioneer in the industry, the firm was the first fully regulated entity under the supervision of the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority to operate a cryptocurrency MTF and to list futures on Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple XRP, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fast growing industries in the world. We are expanding and innovating throughout all aspects of the company to support this rapid growth, and to ensure that we can effectively execute on our highly ambitious short-, medium- and long-term plans for regional product and market growth.
The Senior / Operations Associates (Commercial Strategy) play a critical role on a team that is central to Kraken Futures strategic growth plans. You will be expected to operate effectively in a highly cross-functional context, working directly with nearly every team and department in the company. You will have a unique opportunity to positively influence the entire organization and drive initiatives that directly impact the company’s bottom line. You will work closely with many Krakenites across levels of seniority and spanning multiple departments, helping the organization stay coordinated in this incredibly exciting, innovative and expanding environment.
We are recruiting for roles that are remote (EMEA) and/or based in London, UK
- Become an expert in the Futures trading platform and products
- Support the execution and delivery of the Kraken Futures commercial strategy & growth plan
- Lead/support the delivery of multi-region new-product and new-market initiatives
- Work cross-functionally at all levels within the firm, to ensure seamless transition from strategic opportunity development to revenue realization
- Develop analytical tools to generate market insights to inform the strategic direction of the operation
- Analyze trends and coordinate information to improve the dashboard and analytics output within the team
- Identify potential areas of inefficiency, redundancy, bottlenecked progress or scaling challenges between regional operating theaters, and devise and execute process improvements to address them
- Stay up to date on industry knowledge, compliance regulations, and company policies
- Bring structure and clarity to complex, often ambiguous operational issues
- Execute program-level work while keeping deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interest in and familiarity with both cryptocurrency and traditional financial industries
- Experience and proven track record in business process management consulting or operations roles in the financial services or technology industries
- Experience working with and interpreting the outputs of Data Analytics tools to support data driven decision making
- Experience navigating complex operational hurdles in hyper-growth companies
- Entrepreneurial mindset with excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Creativity, adaptability, tenacity, a sense of urgency and hands-on, roll-up your sleeves work ethic
- Excellent organizational and workload management skills, especially with respect to prioritization and proactive verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to deconstruct convoluted problems and develop precise plans of action
Nice to Haves
- Experience in a top management consulting or advisory services firm
- Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint with a good familiarity of G-Suite equivalents
- Advanced user of task/project management tools such as Jira
- Experience working in a regulated trading environment
- Intermediate or greater SQL proficiency a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Bonus pay
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
- Monday to Friday