About the Role Every single instant of every single day SWIFT move value across the world fast, reliable and securely to enable trade and business globally. Over 5 billion financial messages are be
Every single instant of every single day SWIFT move value across the world fast, reliable and securely to enable trade and business globally. Over 5 billion financial messages are being exchanged yearly over the network connecting over 10,000 financial institutions.
Payments is an exciting space to be in and a strategic priority for SWIFT. The payment industry is going through major transformations driven by new customer demands, open banking, digital currencies, new technology and players, while the Payment Market Infrastructures are being modernized.
The evolving landscape present new opportunities to both reinforce the position of the existing platform and roll-out our ambitious strategy to enable instant and frictionless cross-border transactions.
The move towards ISO20022, the enhancement of our platform toward Transaction management and data driven value added services are and additional top priority for us.
We are looking for a social, self-starter, and forward-thinking Key Account Manager to the Nordic office as part of SWIFTs global business development organisation. Working in closed knight team with highly skilled colleagues you will execute the commercial strategy/Operating/Regional plans to develop and manage long term relationships with large sized/complex and smaller accounts in the Nordics.
The Nordic team of Account and country managers sits in the European Business development team. We execute SWIFT’s strategy using our domain expertise and strong relationships to clients to grow market share and drive usage and adoption across products and services. We know the markets, trends and engage intensively with our customers on the future of payments and securities. The team works closely with the Go To Markets team as well as payment, technical and financial crime and compliance experts plus other competence groups.
In that context we are looking for a senior Key Account Manager (Nordic speaking markets) reporting to the Head Nordics and based in the Stockholm office. The role will over time move into country management, and you are responsible for driving the SWIFT strategy and grow adoption and usage. In this role you will have the opportunity to influence the industry and engage our customers to understand their strategic direction. As an experienced professional, you should be a self-starter, able to work collaboratively with our internal partners and clients, communicate our vision to the industry and clients. You will act as a single point of contact, supporting clients using your wide expertise on payments in your assigned region.
- Drive adoption and usage and reach the allocated KPIs for the Nordic region.
- Identify customer needs, market opportunities and achieve business growth by building and maintaining long term customer relationships with large and smaller accounts and/or developing market infrastructures and/or implementing initiatives of large size/complexity.
- Develop account plans with large banks and/or market infrastructures, regularly participant in the strategic account reviews and apply professional knowledge of our product portfolio offering to suggest appropriate solutions, integration or configuration setup to key clients.
- Implement plans / projects/ initiatives towards assigned large customers/market infrastructure by coordinating and tracking all activities.
- Act as a single point of contact for large clients and/or support as a center of expertise on a specific area/initiative, represents the need of client within our organization, create new business opportunities within existing clients.
- Represent and promote our organization by participating to regional fairs and forums and meetings.
- Liaise with other divisions/departments, commercial team managers and members in order to provide a coordinated service and integrated solution to assigned customers and feedback internally market intelligence, product issues and other relevant information.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MSc/MBA or applicable advanced degree preferred.
- At least 7+ years’ experience of client service, account management in a banking and finance / financial technology environment.
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural, cross-functional environment and across geographies and teams
- Ability to manage all aspects of a client’s business and take a leadership role managing assigned accounts.
- Compliance/regulatory knowledge including AML/Sanctions/KYC procedures and standards would be an advantage.
- Comfort with high levels of ambiguity and the skills to prioritize within a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent internal and external interpersonal and networking skills including at senior management level.
- Language: English with high business proficiency, Nordic language skill is a plus but not mandatory.
- A natural networker with the ability to create trust and confidence
- Understanding and practical experience from Market Payment Infrastructures and clearing.
- Communicates strategy and key messages with clarity, consistency and confidence: has impact.
- Subject matter expertise within transaction banking and/or cash management.
- Experience delivering financial messaging solutions to Financial Institutions, involving data integration and middleware technologies (will make you stand out).
- Insights and opinions into the use of new technologies to dematerialize and automate financial transaction processing, such as CBDC, Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies, e-invoicing, etc..
- Financial Market / Relationship Management / Business Consulting
What we offer
We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals – like you – with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone’s voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of
age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion
, sexual orientation, or veteran/military status.