Company Description Founded by two engineers , Swissquote makes trading opportunities accessible to everyone and we challenge everything that makes traditional banking irrelevant. Join our 1
Founded by two engineers, Swissquote makes trading opportunities accessible to everyone and we challenge everything that makes traditional banking irrelevant.
Join our 130 software developers to challenge the code and bring your expertise on cutting-edge Fintech projects such as eTrading, eForex, Robo-advisory, cryptocurrencies and more.
As an always-evolving company, we strive to challenge our organization, making teamwork and innovation more than just values.
You will be able to accelerate your career in a fast-moving and rock-solid company: during these last couple of years, our bank has become the Swiss leader in online trading. We still keep growing and despite the COVID-19 pandemic, we were able to deliver exceptional results in 2020.
We’re looking for talented Junior Software Engineers ready to become the tomorrow’s rockstars in the leading online bank in Switzerland from July or October 2023.
As a Junior Software Engineer you’ll join our Tech Talent Academy where you’ll be trained in best practices of the industry and in our architecture and business domains. You will get training sessions provided by our Seniors and Principals Engineers and you will be able to contribute to real world and challenging projects, before joining one of our 20+ business teams.
Your responsibilities will be as follow:
- Be curious and self-learner
- Implement efficient and reliable code that complies with best practices and quality guidelines of Swissquote’s standards
- Participate to the execution of real world projects and their rollout to production
- Attend several in-class training and workshops to get up to speed with SQ technical and business processes and tooling
- Enthusiastic about joining a challenging and innovative environment, you are passionate about information technologies and you thrive on doing what it takes to deliver projects
- At least a basic knowledge of Java development, good knowledge of at least 1 OO language.
- Familiarity with SQL & RDBMS
- Understanding of internet communication protocols (HTTP/TCP) and webservers
- Ready to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluent in English, French an asset
- Knowledge of FE development (ReactJS, Typescript/JS, CSS3, HTML5)
- Banking concepts understanding
- Familiarity with Spring, Hibernate and Maven
- Understanding of Scrum or other Agile methodologies
A BANK THAT DOESN’T LOOK LIKE ONE
Located near Geneva and the lake, our Headquarters gathers 600 of our employees: young (34 years old average), multicultural (50 nationalities) and wearing what suits them best. You will find a friendly atmosphere in an open and inclusive environment. Spacious offices, home-office policy, outdoor terrace, sports clubs and even… a real Pub for after-work moments.