Junior Project Manager for FundingBox Research to run Innovative DeepTech Projects
FundingBox Research is looking for a Junior Project Manager to run Innovative DeepTech Projects awarded by the European Commission under the Horizon Europe Work Programme. Core competencies inclu
FundingBox Research is looking for a Junior Project Manager to run Innovative DeepTech Projects awarded by the European Commission under the Horizon Europe Work Programme.
Core competencies include Organizational Skills, Teamwork and Problem-Solving abilities.
Junior Project Managers are fully independent (however still on a steep learning curve) managers, responsible for a few projects that we are partnering in. Similarly to Project Managers, their job includes support to FundingBox customers and consortium partners in the execution of their innovation projects and finding the best technologies for further development.
They attend and run meetings, prepare deliverables and are responsible for all daily operations. Junior PMs are in a great position to grow quickly and raise the bar higher for all of us. They are being coached by Senior Program Managers with the hope that soon they will be able to fly totally on their own.
Junior PM has fewer projects to take care of than a regular Project Manager.
List of responsibilities
As a Junior Project Manager, you will execute the EC-awarded projects – deliver our tasks, prepare documents, report to the EC, participate in meetings and manage the budget. Tasks will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Executing projects run by FBOX (both public and private) – taking part in meetings (off and online), creating deliverables, reports and publications
- Running OpenCalls to select the best startups, engaging with evaluators and mentors and promoting the OpenCalls in selected startup events across Europe
- Creating and managing the Community for the project with the support of the Communication team, as well as tech transfer with the support of the Tech Transfer team
- Engaging with the startup ecosystems around our projects and partners and overall in the European Union and the EC institutions
- Supporting our project partners to understand how they can align their business-as-usual core activities to the EC project
- Engaging cross-functionally – work with our IT, legal, communication, marketing, tech transfer, compliance and admin teams, supporting the tasks and processes.
- Being end responsible for the project execution
- The main contact point between FundingBox and the consortium, partners and clients responsible for the relations between all parties
- Being responsible for the budget of the project and all key performance indicators and deliverables.
- Responsible for creating, updating and improving the ScoreCards of the projects you are managing.
- Executing impact actions proposed in the scorecards or by the Head of Cluster/sub-cluster.
The following are strong requirements:
- A Master’s / Engineer / Business degree or equivalent or
- At least 2 years of working experience in innovation-related activities within the field of expertise
- Working experience in preparing/executing R&D projects, specially FP7, H2020
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Ability to reliably work remotely and via online coordination tools
- Fluency in English
All the following will be an advantage:
- Knowledge of acceleration programs, hackathons, pitching competitions
- Experience in one of these verticals: Next Generation Internet, Blockchain, AI, Smart Cities, Industry 4.0, Robotics, Education, Health, Circular Economy or similar
- Over-average achievements in startups engagement
- Other European languages
Who this position reports to
Junior Project Manager reports to the Senior Project Manager.