Junior Project Manager (2 positions)
Europe is experiencing exciting and challenging times. Digital tools and technologies are ever-more shaping our daily lives and transforming different sectors. The European DIGITAL SME Alliance is tas
Europe is experiencing exciting and challenging times. Digital tools and technologies are ever-more shaping our daily lives and transforming different sectors. The European DIGITAL SME Alliance is tasked to represent and support the main driver of such changes in Europe – small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the ICT sector. Representing over 45,000 SMEs through its national and regional member associations, DIGITAL SME is Europe’s first and largest ICT SME association. Along with the rapid acceleration of Europe’s digital transformation, the Alliance is growing and in need of two highly motivated and hands-on Junior Project Managers to strengthen our Brussels-based team!
The selected candidates will support the execution of EU-funded projects in different digital domains (Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Digital skills, etc.). The Junior Project Managers will also help to strengthen the synergies between the association’s policy and communication activities. The selected candidates will be trained on the job and, following positive evaluations on a regular basis, their areas of responsibility will be gradually extended, including participation in policy work, in parallel with gained autonomy in execution of tasks.
The successful candidates will be self-starters, willing to take initiative and able to handle a wide variety of project tasks. We are looking for an individual with a keen interest in digital policies.
Your role and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the execution of DIGITAL SME’s responsibilities within EU funded projects (preparing deliverable, organising workshops…);
- Represent DIGITAL SME in project meetings and events on standardisation and other EU policy / legislative matters;
- Contribute to internal teamwork and engage the association’s members and network as necessary;
- Monitor EU calls for funding that are relevant for the association;
- Support the organisation of events and working group meetings;
- Participate in managing social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) of EU funded projects;
- Assist in the administration and financial aspects of the EU funded projects if needed,
- Get involved into project website updates: draft and upload articles, regularly update webpages, maintain subscribers database, etc;
- Ad-hoc support.
- Can-do attitude!
- Fluent in English, working level of other EU languages is a plus
- Completed higher education diploma
- Organisational skills and time management
- Able to learn and take responsibility quickly and proactively
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Able and ready to undertake administrative tasks
- Sense of humour!
- Interest in EU funded projects
- Interest in and understanding of digital policy
- Web design and programming skills
- Understanding of EU policies and EU Institutions’ functioning
As a Junior Project Manager you will be part of a dynamic and growing international team. The office is located at the heart of the EU district in Brussels, easily accessible by public transport. Since the pandemic, we have established a hybrid work model, where the team works partly from the office, partly remotely. Flexible working hours are also part of the deal – the Alliance’s organisational culture is result- rather than control-driven.
We offer a full-time, permanent contract and a competitive salary and benefit package in line with your skills and level of experience.
Short missions abroad within the EU will be a key element of the position (2-3 days a month on average).
The European DIGITAL SME Alliance is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion of people from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences. We strongly encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply!
Please send your application by email to email@example.com, subject: “VACANCY/JPM23”, including the following documents and information:
- CV (Europass template)
- Cover letter (one page maximum)
- Desired net salary/month
- Earliest date of availability to start the job
- Names and contact details of two references (will not be contacted before having the agreement of the candidate)
Deadline for applications: 24th March 2023
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Only applications including all the above-mentioned documents and information will be considered. Please read this vacancy notice carefully and only apply if you fulfill the key requirements! In your cover letter, please focus on your technical and professional experience as it relates to this vacancy, in addition to your motivation and interest for the Alliance’s work. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Privacy disclaimer: DIGITAL SME ensures a GDPR-compliant treatment of your personal data. Please note, we might keep your CV and all the information provided in your application, so that we can contact you in the future should a similar position open again. If you don’t want your data to be retained, please indicate this in your application.
Do not forget to mention that you found this job ad on the EURACTIV Jobsite!