Experience with cryptocurrencies, blockchain technologies and other FinTech state-of-the-art platforms. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll…...
One of the fastest-growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide.
A digital money platform serving over 6 million customers in more than 150 countries. Uphold now manages more than $1.5 billion in customer assets. The Silicon Valley firm currently opens around 10,000 accounts a day as consumers seek a more versatile and cost-effective home for their financial lives. Leveraging blockchain technology, the platform provides both consumers and businesses with easy access to 46 digital assets, 27 national currencies, four precious metals, and 50 fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience – ‘Anything-to-Anything’ – allows customers to trade directly between asset classes, saving time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than a minute and trade with no minimum investment amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge. To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com/en-us/
Uphold is looking for a Junior FinOps Analyst to join our Finance team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to be responsible for recommending, implementing and executing policies and programs to keep all recurring financial operations inline with company strategy while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to both your Finance and other business partners. You’ll be using existing tools and procedures to monitor and perform daily finance operations and participating in the ongoing initiatives to improve and automate the current technological stack.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Ensure timely response to customers’ inquiries and troubleshoot issues that arise from them.
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate and financial processes are adjusted accordingly.
- Maintain databases by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Oversee and execute main procedures to complete all daily, weekly and monthly financial close activities and reporting models.
- Work closely with Engineering to automate manual processes, ensure compliance with international regulations, and reduce overhead.
- Work with Compliance, Business and Product teams to provide the best possible service and support to customers.
- Oversee financial risk assessment processes.
- Advise development teams on financial setup for ongoing initiatives by performing essential due diligence on financial impact associated with platform changes.
- Create and maintain internal documentation on FinOps processes.
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team.
- Support the team as required via on-call schedule rotation.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Degree in mathematics, economics, engineering or other quantitative fields.
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in working with data analysis and data models.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with an ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Broad knowledge of financial markets.
- Exhibit our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Strong mathematical foundation.
- Experience with cryptocurrencies, blockchain technologies and other FinTech state-of-the-art platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of banking frameworks and payment methods.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture – we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better – together.