THE COMPANY Tech Circus is one of the UK's fastest-growing event start-ups, spanning; UX, Product, Technology, Blockchain, Web 3, the Metaverse and more. Tech Circus has its roots in its thriving digi
Tech Circus is one of the UK’s fastest-growing event start-ups, spanning; UX, Product, Technology, Blockchain, Web 3, the Metaverse and more. Tech Circus has its roots in its thriving digital network. It operates Europe’s largest UX and Design community, offering monthly educational networking meetups (100-300 attendees) in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Berlin, which feed into our larger global conferences of up to 3000 attendees in the UK and America. Since the pandemic, all events were migrated online, hosting over 170 events during this time. In the wake of this transition and our ongoing success with virtual events, we opted to create a new arm to the business, dedicated to emerging technologies like Blockchain, AI, The Metaverse and the emerging Web 3.0
As such, this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and rapidly evolving events team and be instrumental in supporting the expansion of the events offering across 2021 and beyond.
We are looking for people who are based in London or near London. We work most of the time remotely; however, some Events will be F2F, and you’ll be required to manage all the logistics in person.
We are looking for someone to support the conception and organisation of all internal conferences and events at Tech Circus.
- You will work alongside the Events Project Manager in running some of our events, from the UX Crunch meet-up to our bigger annual conferences in the UK, Europe, and America.
- A passion for the rapidly evolving technology world and the relationship between humans and machines will make this job a lot of fun!
- We will help build your communication skills and technical knowledge of the industry through regular meetings and partnerships discussions with Design Leaders.
- You will be client-facing daily, supporting the sourcing of speakers and helping shape the content for our conferences and will be expected to learn about the speaker’s background and experience, taking notes and assessing whether they are relevant to an upcoming event or plans.
- You will follow up on each call, aligning diaries and sharing the following steps to help deliver best-in-class events for our community.
- You will list completed events on our event hosting platform, working to a timed schedule with marketing to ensure events have ample time to be promoted.
- You will lead on the project management of events, focusing on our regular community events and conference schedule. This will include collecting headshots and bios for speakers, chasing them for talk topics and abstracts, and aligning all parties through vigilant dairy management.
- We will provide support for our trainees to develop basic work skills, and you will receive one to one mentoring and support from your line manager.
- This role is remote; we will look at candidates from anywhere in the UK. You must be able to travel to London for occasional team meetings/socials; however, the contract is fully remote, and you will not be expected to work in an office now or in the future.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 1+ years experience in Project and Client management
- Exceptional level of written English – (in-house test will be required)
- Experience within the events industry is preferable -or- a genuine interest in the events industry
- Self-Motivator to run with full autonomy when needed
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage with leading industry executives at all levels.
- Outgoing and friendly – Excited to own the ongoing relationship with Tech Circus sponsors, speakers and clients as required
- Ambitious – looking for an opportunity to develop oneself and the passion for creating new events which will grow new revenue streams for the business and serve our growing community
- Administrative solid capabilities – organised, logical and methodical in approach to all work.
- Personable and outgoing with solid communication skills
- Creative, thinking strategically about the content we deliver and helping build topics that are topical and engaging
- Passionate about Design, ideally with an understanding of UX, Product Design and Tech Innovation
- The first point of content for speakers and content partners
- Planning and build of event content
- Project manage timelines for all events
- Upload check and edit talk content for the event
- Manage speakers for the events
- Run tech checks with speakers
- Run live events online, managing all the processes
- The ability to host/compare events would be a bonus.
- Competitive Salary – with opportunities for growth
- Opportunities to travel abroad – International
- 32 days holiday per year (including bank holidays and a day off on your birthday)
- Inclusive and excellent working culture
- Chance to build a personal network and relationship with some of the biggest tech companies in the world
- Mental Health Support
- Quarterly Incentives – Team Socials
Reference ID: Techcircusevents21
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Are you based in London or near London?
- Event Management: 1 year (preferred)