Introduction Are you passionate about tech and looking to kick-start your career after graduation in a fast-paced and friendly working environment? Then look no further! IBM Consulting Sweden is g
Are you passionate about tech and looking to kick-start your career after graduation in a fast-paced and friendly working environment? Then look no further!
IBM Consulting Sweden is growing, and we now have a range of opportunities for early professionals/recent graduates. So, whether you are looking to work in DevOps, software engineering, cloud infrastructure, we would love to hear from you.
After an initial training and certification that will give you a solid foundation to build from, you will become part of our growing team, at one of our major clients working side by side with IBMers and our clients enabling them to implement and adopt the next generation Cloud solutions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Most likely available to start after your graduation in June-September, but if you prefer an earlier start date, please don’t hesitate to apply, and discuss options with your Talent Acquisition Partner during the selection process.
- Located in/near or happy to relocate to Stockholm. Our priority is the well-being of IBMers, candidates and the communities we operate in and many IBMers are working remotely during these times. However, on-site presence will be expected once circumstances permit.
The Techy bit: After you complete your initial certification and training you will have acquired new skillsets and will be able to join the project where your role will involve some of the following:
- Design, develop and test a new, modern cloud-native application or support a legacy application, with code management, troubleshooting and tuning
- Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within new or existing application frameworks, working closely with clients and IBM teams
- Maintain and improve code quality, enabling reusability and automatization of services – from applications through to cloud infrastructure
- Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to support communication between systems, using API gateways and event services
- Automate testing and supporting Continuous Integration and Development pipelines, including implementing security operations tooling
- Implement data engineering and warehouse services on Cloud
- Configure enterprise applications to support new innovative client services
The selection is continuous and the role will be filled as soon as possible.
This is a job of IBM Client Innovation Center Sweden AB.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
For these roles we look for team-workers with passion for tech and an appetite for large enterprise solutions who have
- Knowledge in Python or Java
- Experience in PySpark or Spark
- Solid skills in Scala
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in the Information Technology area
- Strong communication skills in both Swedish and English
Most likely you also
- Thrive in ever changing, technology-based service environments – motivated by solving client problems together
- Willing to learn new skills and continuously expand your knowledge base
- Quickly understand existing business processes/solutions to translate this into end user needs and technical requirements for new ways of working
Don’t worry if you don’t meet all the required technical criteria. If you have a passion for problem-solving, are a quick learner and logical thinker, we would still like to hear from you and find out how you can become part of the IBM Client Innovation Center.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in shell scripting
You must be eligible to work in Sweden when applying.
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.