Who we are: The Cardano Foundation is the independent, non-profit organization responsible for stewarding the advancement of the public, permissionless blockchain platform Cardano. Our mission is to
Who we are:
The Cardano Foundation is the independent, non-profit organization responsible for stewarding the advancement of the public, permissionless blockchain platform Cardano. Our mission is to establish the Cardano blockchain as the future financial and social system of the world for generations to come, driving adoption and facilitating development of the protocol. We aim to de-risk decentralization for regulators and organizations, while also giving the Cardano community the necessary tools and support to leverage the Cardano protocol to solve real world problems.
Based in Switzerland, the Foundation works to facilitate the use of Cardano in mission critical applications across a wide range of industries and markets, anchoring use cases in the off-line world and encouraging active on-chain participation and governance.
What you’ll be doing:
The accountant will be monitoring the different accounting ledgers and reporting systems. She/he will be working on financial and managerial accounting. She/he will also be supporting the invoices process and will be involved in crypto transactions.
The ideal candidate will have some knowledge with booking and accounts. She/he will be able to cope with a dynamic environment and will need to be able to work with new systems. It will be essential for her/him to have the drive and energy to constantly transform the set-up into the most efficient possible platform and processes.
- Support the different accounting ledgers and reporting systems
- Support the invoice process, including bookings and accruals
- Support Expense bookings and reporting
- Involvement in crypto currency reporting and payments
- Involvement in monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting, including financial audit
- Support in the budgeting and management reporting
- Involvement in tax reporting (VAT, income tax, WHT)
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Involvement in reconciliations
- Maintaining a proper documentation of processes
What we look for in you:
- Bachelor in Finance and accounting or similar education
- 1 – 2 years experience in an accounting department
- Fluent in English – Other languages are a plus
- Good technical skills (e.g. excel)
- Wish to pursue a career in the Finance function
- Fast learner, Articulate, Flexible with an innovative mindset
- Interest in crypto currencies
Nice to have:
- Experience with system changes and with crypto transactions.
- Location in Ireland
Cardano Foundation has incredible employees from over 24 nationalities, across 3 continents which you will work collegiately to grow the Foundation.
Here at Cardano Foundation’s we are transparent, inclusive, passionate and innovative. As such our mission is to have a positive impact on global change and breed a harmonious working environment for our employees to flourish.
- Our employees have the flexibility and freedom to work from home with flexible working hours.
- All Cardano Foundation employees will have access to a personal annual learning budget dedicated to personal professional and personal development.
- A day a year is dedicated to a departmental team activity fun day out.
- Cardano Foundation gives the opportunity to its employees to dedicate a volunteering day to help the greater community or to be an expert in your field of work within the blockchain community.
- Employees are given additional day off for their birthday.
- Cardano Foundation also rewards days off as per established work anniversaries milestones.
Cardano Foundation strives to provide a diverse, inclusive and welcoming working environment. We are committed being a discrimination free organisation – including discrimination free space with regards to age, religion, race, nationality/ethnic origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies
Cardano Foundation does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Unsolicited applications will be treated as direct application regardless of the channel through which we receive them. Please get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss recruitment services and do not contact Cardano Foundation employees directly.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent