The video research community and industry are strongly focusing on immersive technologies. Concepts such as VR, AR and, more in general, XR are becoming strongly present in our daily life and the tech
The video research community and industry are strongly focusing on immersive technologies. Concepts such as VR, AR and, more in general, XR are becoming strongly present in our daily life and the tech industry is following such a trend. These technologies typically involve advanced capturing, representation and compression systems of Volumetric Video, and they require integration in 3D environments.
i2CAT (Barcelona, Spain) is opening a Researcher position to participate in a team involved in the design and development of immersive holoportation and holoconferencing systems.
What you’ll Do:
- Conduct cutting-edge research and development related to creating multi-user holoportation based in volumetric video, in the cross-domain of telematics, computer vision and computer graphics;
- Real time volumetric video capture
- Volumetric video compression and transmission
- Containerization and virtualization
The ideal candidate has experience in one, or more, of the following areas:
- Software Engineering
- Programming in 3D and VR Environments (e.g., Unity, Unreal)
- Image and Video Acquisition and Processing
- 2D and/or 3D/Volumetric Video Compression (e.g. H.264, H.265, V-PCC, G-PCC)
- 3D video reconstruction and camera calibration (e.g. surface reconstruction, supersampling, noise reduction)
- Streaming methods and protocols (e.g., DASH, WebRTC, RTMP)
The candidate will be included in a strong and experienced cross-disciplinary team and involved in the development of high quality prototypes and scientific publications and contributions.
Who we are:
The i2CAT Foundation is a non-profit research and innovation center that promotes mission-driven R&D activities on advanced Internet architectures, applications, and services. More than 15 years of international research define our expertise in the fields of 5G, IoT, VR, and Immersive Technologies, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, AI, and Digital Social Innovation. The center partners with companies, public administration, academia, and end-users to leverage this knowledge in order to meet real social and business challenges.
The greatest value of i2CAT is the talent of the people who make up our human team. We enjoy a team of people from more than 13 different nationalities and work every day to create and foster a work environment where we all feel comfortable creating, innovating and growing.
Want to know more? Visit our webpage! www.i2cat.net
What do we offer?
- Work from our offices or from home, whichever works best for you. We ask for two days in person at the office to coordinate with the rest of the team.
- This is a full time vacancy
- You will have a flexible work schedule so that you can reconcile your personal life with the professional one.
- Intensive hours every Friday of the year and every day in July and August
- Fix + variable salary
- Possibility of receiving part of your remuneration in kind (restaurant, transport, nursery or medical insurance)
- 25 working days of annual leave (the common 22 + 3 additional ones)
- You can access the UPC gym at a reduced price
- We have fruit in the office to promote a healthy lifestyle
- If you are interested, you can participate in events of your sector.
- You will work with a laptop. You can choose your work environment, Mac, Linux or Windows.
- You can ask us for training of your interest.
- We will work so that you have a career plan to promote your growth and development.
Where will you do it?
At i2CAT we already have an established telework policy for some time. You can work from home or from the office, whichever suits you best. We ask that you attend the office two days per week, one to stay connected with the team and the other one to establish relations.
If you decide to come to the office, we are located in Zona Universitària, next to the Campus Nord of the UPC, within a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment. It is a very well connected area (metro, tram, bus) with bars and restaurants around.
Our offices are designed with an open-office concept where everything is light and transparency (we do not have opaque rooms). We have a variety of workspaces so that you don’t have to be at the same table all day.
i2CAT is an organization committed to equal opportunities. That is why we seek to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented, and therefore explicitly encourage the female collective to apply.
i2CAT is an organization committed to diversity and we seek to increase the number of people with disabilities in our team.
If what you have read sounds good to you… let’s have a coffee and we will tell you more!
In case you liked it but it is not your job offer, you may know someone else who fits perfectly and whom you would like to recommend!
- Programming skills (Unity, C#, C++, Python)
- Hardware and electronics skills (RGBD and cameras knowledge)
- English professional proficiency
- Writing and presenting skills
- Communication skills
- Team work