Java Developer, Team Lead
Company Description TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 80 million songs
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 80 million songs, over 350,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Block will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be more successful.
TIDAL is passionately committed to serving both artists and fans. As we focus on empowering artists, we are expanding our teams to support this mission. We are looking for lead Java engineers who take ownership in building innovative products and services in an exhilarating environment for the Financial Services team.
As the lead for the Payments team, you will be accountable for TIDAL’s global payments services. You will establish relationships with the team, cross functional partners, and adjacent teams in TIDAL. You will drive new feature development and maintain the platform with the end customer in mind to create exceptional experiences.
You will lead a team of experienced developers and work with them to set objectives and key performance indicators, and chart a course together with the Financial Services lead. You are willing to dive into code and deliver on critical features with the team.
You place a high value on close and collaborative work with other TIDAL teams. You prefer to design a solution in collaboration with stakeholders before starting on code, and excel in technical discussions. You enjoy working together with teammates and presenting ideas to strive for the highest quality, and you are receptive to new ideas and input from others.
- Collaborate with teammates and present ideas.
- Lead discussions by presenting ideas and designs to the team.
- Take full ownership of scoping, building, and scaling products.
- Develop scalable, reliable, and maintainable systems.
- Lead complex projects where you take full ownership of the end-to-end ideation, design, build, and maintenance.
- Promote good engineering practices within the team and in TIDAL.
- Identify and implement improvements and new features to support our products.
- Build and maintain great collaboration with partners inside and outside of the tech organization.
- 8+ years of experience in designing and shipping scalable, reliable and maintainable systems.
- 2 years of experience being responsible for a team or leading a team.
- Worked with Java frameworks, Spring Boot, AWS, Docker.
- Experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in people management.
- Working knowledge of serverless architecture, databases, data streams, and queues
- An understanding of how services operate on an infrastructure level, and are familiar with modern public cloud services, deployment strategies, and monitoring systems
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.