Java Back-End Developer
Description We are a young cybersecurity scale-up with a mission to make secure design a de facto practice for all software applications. Our automated threat modeling products make the process of
We are a young cybersecurity scale-up with a mission to make secure design a de facto practice for all software applications. Our automated threat modeling products make the process of secure design fast, easy, and accessible to non-security experts.
Threat modeling as a practice is maturing, for example through the recent inclusion of “Insecure Design” in the OWASP Top 10, and Gartner puts the market at 2-5 years from mainstream.
Building on this and following a successful Series A funding round in late 2020, IriusRisk has grown significantly over the past two years. And it continues to grow. With a remote-first and inclusive culture we are able to hire some of the best talent in Europe and the Americas. Our Technical Advisory Board is made up of key industry leaders and helps to inform the development of our platform, addressing the software security challenges that our customers face. Those customers include household names in the financial services and technology industries, and our customer base and verticals continue to expand – from cryptocurrency to medical devices and IoT.
We offer a free to use community edition available at: https://community.iriusrisk.com
An evolving company
As a company we believe in continuous improvement, both at a personal and at an organizational level. Change is the only constant. So, we must be willing to challenge the status quo and find better ways of doing things. We have recently introduced OKRs as a way to increase transparency and alignment across the company and to focus on what really matters.
We have also recently restructured the engineering teams into cross-functional and agile product teams that have end-to-end ownership of the value streams for their respective personas. OKRs give the product teams problems to solve, not a list of features to implement.
Because we’re early on in the product team adoption, some of the team members currently
wear a number of “hats” including scrum master, product owner, architect, and team lead. The product owners regularly meet with our awesome Customer Success team to understand the challenges and requests coming from customers, and we have recently launched a customer research and product discovery program to improve collaboration with customers on early ideas and designs. As a platform, IriusRisk has a monolithic architecture written in Java and using the Vaadin framework, released as containers provided to on-prem customers or deployed to AWS as single-tenant SaaS. However, we have recently started to migrate the user interface to React which will give us much more flexibility and control over the UX. As part of this role you will also help to break out IriusRisk into more manageable services or micro-services as needed.
What will you do?
- Designing, creating, and implementing Java-based applications.
- Determining application functions and building objectives with your product team.
- Participating in group meetings to discuss projects and objectives.
- Develop new features and/or improve them using agile methodologies and focus on clean code.
What are we offering?
- 36 hours work week distributed in 4 or 5 working days
- 100% remote work!
- Great team collaboration between departments.
- An Agile development environment!
- We have a “Do it well” DevOps culture and we don’t fear investing time to do things right the first time.
- Training and certifications related to your role.
- Solid experience with Java, Spring and Hibernate
- Solid experience with code testing
- In-depth knowledge of design patterns and POO
Nice to have
- Generic drawing file formats: Visio, LucidCharts
- IaC: AWS Cloudformation, Terraform HCL (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- gitflow workflow
- Microservices architecture
- Oauth 2.0
- API RESTful services