We are ELCA, one of the largest Swiss IT tribe with over 2,000 experts. We are multicultural with offices in Switzerland, Spain, France, Vietnam and Mauritius. As one of Switzerland’s best employers of 2022, we are proud to rank among the top 20 preferred companies within the “Internet, Telecommunication and IT” category. Since 1968, our team of engineers, business analysts, software architects, designers and consultants provide tailor-made and standardized solutions to support the digital transformation of major public administrations and private companies in Switzerland. Our activity spans across multiples fields of leading-edge technologies such as AI, Machine & Deep learning, BI/BD, RPA, Blockchain, IoT and CyberSecurity.
- You will work with business and software engineering teams to build Java applications from the ground up.
- You will guide teams through the end-to-end project lifecycle, covering the initial conception, business requirements, software architecture, implementation and flawless delivery.
- You will be acting as a technical lead and coach for the more junior team members.
- You will provide technological and architectural consulting to our clients, give technical recommendations and advise on their execution.
- You will support pre-sales on tender responses, proof-of-concept work and the design of innovative solutions, with an emphasis on scalability, modularity, flexibility, and performance.
- You will run group-wide thought leadership initiatives to advance our architectural practice and sustain our technical excellence.
- Ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and experience by working on a broad range of exciting projects, products, customers and technologies
- A dynamic work and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multi-cultural and multiples international sites team
- Attractive prospects for career path & Personal development through training and coaching
- A flat hierarchy and a culture of collaboration across all disciplines
- The chance to make a difference in peoples’ life by building innovative solutions
- Various internal coding events (Hackathon, Brownbags), see our technical blog
- Monthly After-Works organized per locations
- Work-life balance (41 hrs/w in flexitime, home office two day per week, min. 25 days of holidays).
- 6+ years of experience in designing and implementing large-scale Java applications
- Strong hands-on experience with frameworks such as Spring / Spring Boot, JPA / Hibernate or other ORM and build tools such as Maven / Gradle
- Solid knowledge of integration patterns and best practices such as synchronous vs. asynchronous communications, RESTful APIs, messaging, publish-subscribe
- Good knowledge of domain modeling and domain-driven design
- Hands-on experience with containers and orchestration platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Strong knowledge of best practices and tooling for CI/CD, DevOps and code quality
- Experience in monitoring, troubleshooting and profiling systems with tools such as JMeter, Java Flight Recorder / Java Mission Control
- Interest in propagating latest developments of the JAVA ecosystem within the company (GraalVM, Quarkus, …)
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular and Vue is a plus.
- Experience with some cloud services and stream platforms such as AWS, Kafka etc. is a plus.
- A passion for clean code and pragmatic, elegant design
- Enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, team spirit, and passion for software craftmanship
Good communication skills, fluent in French or German, and in English