We are ELCA, one of the largest Swiss IT tribe with over 2,000 experts. We are multicultural with offices in Switzerland, Spain, France, Vietnam and Mauritius. As one of Switzerland’s best employers of 2022, we are proud to rank among the top 20 preferred companies within the “Internet, Telecommunication and IT” category. Since 1968, our team of engineers, business analysts, software architects, designers and consultants provide tailor-made and standardized solutions to support the digital transformation of major public administrations and private companies in Switzerland. Our activity spans across multiples fields of leading-edge technologies such as AI, Machine & Deep learning, BI/BD, RPA, Blockchain, IoT and CyberSecurity.
The Architect establish self as expert in more than one technology through proven certification and regular continuous professional development. He is accountable for code quality on assigned projects. He helps the PM to build the team and foster good development practices through logical design of applications, proposed framework and tools to use on projects. He participates in estimates and schedules of activity or project. He acts as a role model and contribute to the upskilling of juniors.
- Review architecture in diverse and innovative projects and challenge where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance of development with architecture.
- Produce realistic estimates and schedules for an activity or project.
- Ensure quality of design and code in all projects through systematic design reviews and code inspections.
- Coach development team in application of various technologies, frameworks, methods and tools.
- Coordinate with architecture teams and provide advice in use of IT to optimize business processes.
- Identify, coach and buildup technical experts and engineers
- Contribute to ELCA training programs (ELCAdemy, etc.) by coaching juniors into industrial strength technical and methodology knowledge and skill
- Ensure a smooth collaboration with local and onshore counterparts including other delivery centres
- Comply with ELCA Standards, Procedures and Policies
- Any other duties relevant to skills and competencies
- An organization with flat hierarchies and collaborations across business departments
- Promoting environment with an attractive real prospect for your professional and personal development.
- Flexible working hours, excellent team spirit and others benefits
- Good work-life balance (2 days per week from home)
- 6+ years of experience in designing and implementing large-scale Java applications
- Strong hands-on experience with frameworks such as Spring / Spring Boot, JPA / Hibernate or other ORM and build tools such as Maven / Gradle
- Solid knowledge of integration patterns and best practices such as synchronous vs. asynchronous communications, RESTful APIs, messaging, publish-subscribe
- Hands-on experience with containers and orchestration platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Strong knowledge of best practices and tooling for CI/CD, DevOps and code quality
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular and Vue is a plus.
- Experience with some cloud services and stream platforms such as AWS, Kafka etc. is a plus.
- A passion for clean code and pragmatic, elegant design
- Enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, team spirit, and passion for software craftmanship
- Good communication skills, fluent in Italian and in English