Introduction Would you like to work in a fun and experimental studio atmosphere? Do you want to help us transform the way IBM engages with its Business Partners? We are looking for the right pers
Would you like to work in a fun and experimental studio atmosphere? Do you want to help us transform the way IBM engages with its Business Partners? We are looking for the right person to join our cross-functional agile software development team.
We are a diverse and empowered, co-located team of researchers, analysts, designers, developers, and managers located in a purpose-built space designed to encourage collaboration and creativity. We are a part of IBMs global Chief Information Office responsible for building applications and solving problems for IBM’s 300,000 software sales and 20,000 Business Partners around the globe.
Our vision is to become a world class delivery organization and deliver business value at speed. Our team incorporates Design Thinking and cutting-edge technologies and practices to design and build signature experiences that make people’s lives easier. We operate in an open and flat organization where everyone’s ideas are valued and we’re able to learn from each other and share successes.
Our team is fully responsible for data assets including an Operational Data Store, Data Warehouses, and a Data Lake. We work on data integration, building reports, data visualizations, and KPI dashboards communicating actionable insight to our stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you looking for an opportunity to influence, impact and inspire change? As Iteration Manager, you will be the guardian of the Agile delivery team, helping to ensure the optimal working of the team through a combination of coaching, resolution of impediments, and communication. You will play a leadership role, supporting the Development team, Product Owner and wider organisation in Agile ways of working. You will have the opportunity to impact people’s thinking and shape the culture and behaviours of this team and beyond. Our teams embrace Agile culture in delivering business value frequently and iteratively. Here are some of the activities you can expect to participate in, during a typical iteration:
- Coaching teams in effective use of the Scrum events: Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo and Retrospective.
- Resolving conflict with a continual focus on the Scrum values of openness, honesty, commitment, courage and respect.
- Collaborating effectively with the Product Owner and customer organisation supporting the management of the Product Backlog and planning deliverables based on empirical data.
- Training the Development team in effort estimation, iteration planning for reliable delivery and making visible all workbeing done in the team.
- Executing iteration and release planning with a view to deliver maximum value as early as possible.
- Understanding individual and group interactions and facilitating conversations towards consensus aligned to relevant goals and priorities.
- Working with the Product Owner and Development team to define sprint goals aligned to business value and the health of the organisation.
- Shielding the Development team from external interruptions and distractions
- Tracking and removing impediments that would otherwise slow the Development team down.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating the presentation of the increment (feature presentation) from the sprint to the key stakeholders.
- Providing guidance to the team on how to self-organise
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.In order to be successful in this role, you will have a successful track record in the following areas
- Work effectively as part of a diverse software development team
- Present compelling business cases that influence decision makers
- Give meticulous attention to detail; you notice things that others miss
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English
- Demonstrate experience of Agile methodologies, including Scrum
- Exhibit great planning and organisational skills, time management, and ability to handle and prioritise your own workload
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc. Knowledge and awareness of other Agile frameworks and software development processes: Kanban, FDD, eXtreme Programming practices, DevOps
- Evidence of having coached teams to follow an agile framework successfully
- Strong emotional intelligence and empathy
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Knowledge and awareness of other Agile frameworks and software development processes: Kanban, FDD, eXtreme Programming practices, DevOps
- Application of metrics as KPIs for continual, incremental delivery of value and team improvement
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expereince of working with agile teams who does enterprise application development and support
- Exposure to development of cloud-based enterprise systems with a significant number of users
- Experience and knowledge of user facilitation techniques
- Knowledge of business requirements prioritisation techniques, i.e. MoSCoW prioritisation
- Assessing the Agile Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable forthe team and organisation.
- Experience of project management and delivery tracking tools, specifically JIRA, certification a plus.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master 1 (PSM1), or equivalent
- Higher level of agile project management certification a plus.
About Business Unit
Our team is fully responsible for data assets including an Operational Data Store, Data Warehouses, and a Data Lake. We work on data integration, building reports, data visualisations, and KPI dashboards communicating actionable insight to our stakeholders.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities. Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone. It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.