About the Role: As a transaction monitoring & fraud analyst, you will partner with the U. S. compliance team to drive the execution of key priorities. This role will be responsible for reviewing a
About the Role:
As a transaction monitoring & fraud analyst, you will partner with the U. S. compliance team to drive the execution of key priorities. This role will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing alerts, transactions and account activity, and will also play a key role in conducting AML investigations and assessing fraudulent activity. This role will also support European compliance by serving as the Italy MLRO and providing Italian translations, as needed.
This fully remote role is open to candidates in Europe, UK preferred.
- Review escalated alerts generated by monitoring systems, including the identification of unusual/suspicious activity, and analyzing account activity using appropriate tools.
- Conduct periodic account/customer reviews to detect potentially suspicious activity while documenting steps taken through the investigation process.
- Identify and escalate any issues that impact the quality of the surveillance alerts.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken on accounts that have participated in suspicious blockchain activity.
- Review monthly and daily transaction alerts, sanctions alerts, client file reviews, and conduct due diligence searches using OSINT tools.
- Prepare and file any required FinCEN filings, e.g. SARs.
- Maintain an understanding of AML regulations, current money laundering schemes, and investigative techniques required to detect such schemes.
- Assist in automating compliance department functionality and make recommendations on ways to make internal processes more efficient.
- Develop, regularly update, and ensure accuracy of all tracking logs for metrics reporting.
- Identify anomalies and escalations as they relate to AML initiatives, AML/BSA regulations, and industry best practices for AML/BSA analysis.
- Work and contribute to a team-oriented and collaborative environment to improve the analytical and reporting processes.
- Support European compliance by serving as the Italy MLRO and providing Italian translations, as needed.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (e.g., EU AML Directives 4 & 5, Italian Criminal Code Articles 648-bis and 270-bis, Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as adhering to company policies and procedures and client requirements.
- Advanced fluency in Italian (native speaker preferred)
- European residency (UK preferred)
- College degree
- 3 – 5+ years of AML experience
- Experience working with third-party case management and blockchain analytics tools
- Strong familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Suite products
- Hardworking and driven
- Strong time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units
- Ability to multitask effectively, maintain attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skill
- Crypto experience a plus
- ICA or ACAMS certification a plus
- Experience with EMIs or MSBs a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and Vlookups, preferred
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Chance to earn equity
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade. Backed by Point 72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tasytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership – An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion – We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative – A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure – we talk in terms of
- “we” not “me”.
- Initiative – An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best – and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy – An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co- workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability – An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency – We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity – Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.